Dundee v Falkirk

The Master

Might as well get the ball rolling early.

My memory is that we have a terrible record against Falkirk, although at Dens it's slightly better than at The Falkirk Stadium (where I don't think we've won...not competitively at least).

A tricky tie nonetheless.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not overly confident about beating Falkirk but surely to f**k we will. They have John Baird! Possibly the worst striker ever to wear a Dundee top.

Affy harsh on him, looked out his depth in the SPL but was signed for the 1st division, where he is clearly a player.

Felt for him (and a few others) during that Club 12 season.

Would have been more confident had the game been at home, but it could have been worse I guess.

Our record against Premiership teams this season couldn't be more contrasting: a 7-0 defeat at Ross County, which was following a 1-0 win at Partick. I'd take a replay right now.

That would of been about 12/14 year a go if I remember correctly.

Yup. 01, 02 and 03 (the year we got to the final).

The last tie in 03 was the best. 2 absolutely cracking cup games. We equalised fairly late on at Brockville to bring it back to Dens. The replay was a great game and Dens was packed - Falkirk brought through over 3000 away fans and played brilliantly. Can't remember who scored their goal but it was a fantastic dipping volley from 25 yards. We equalised through an absolute raker from Caballero. After the equaliser it was proper end to end stuff and both sides had a few chances to win it. When extra time come Falkirk seemed to totatally run out of steam and we ended up somehow winning 4-1. Sure this was the season that Falkirk humped Hearts in the round before too? We ended up going to the final.

It was the year before when we were a disgustingly bad side and deserved relegation, that DFC pumped us the whole game, only for Andy Rodgers to pinch an equaliser at the death. How we laughed in my car, as we made our way back from a day trip to Stonehenge. The lad on the radio was furious we'd equalised.

It was the year before when we were a disgustingly bad side and deserved relegation, that DFC pumped us the whole game, only for Andy Rodgers to pinch an equaliser at the death. How we laughed in my car, as we made our way back from a day trip to Stonehenge. The lad on the radio was furious we'd equalised.

The great Julian Speroni's debut. I remember turning up to Dens thinking "who the f**k is this guy in the goal? :wacko: ". The rest was history.

Guest Back Post Misses

Poor draw but Dundee are no world beaters so you never know.

Stewart and Hemmings worry me, Loy not so much.

Just hope we turn up.

I assume Dundee will rip the piss on price. If they don't we will take a decent support. Make it £18, £10 and £5 under-12 and you might get a decent crowd

This game will go one of two ways. Either way play valiantly and succumb to a 2-0 defeat or we have a Dingwall esque collapse and they put at least four past us.

I like our side this season but this will just be one step too far for them.

Yup. 01, 02 and 03 (the year we got to the final).

The last tie in 03 was the best. 2 absolutely cracking cup games. We equalised fairly late on at Brockville to bring it back to Dens. The replay was a great game and Dens was packed - Falkirk brought through over 3000 away fans and played brilliantly. Can't remember who scored their goal but it was a fantastic dipping volley from 25 yards. We equalised through an absolute raker from Caballero. After the equaliser it was proper end to end stuff and both sides had a few chances to win it. When extra time come Falkirk seemed to totatally run out of steam and we ended up somehow winning 4-1. Sure this was the season that Falkirk humped Hearts in the round before too? We ended up going to the final.

Mark Kerr got sent off and we went to pieces. I think Burchill scored for you too, wee fucker cupped his ear to us as he chipped it in.

Archived