Wasps v The Sons 5/12/15

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must win for us? I don't think so. A win is much needed and would be a great place to get it but there's far too much season left for games to be must win at this point. Even if we lose our league position won't change and worst case scenario we'll be 3 points behind the team in front of us.

Score draw for me, which nobody really wants.

Indeed. 'Must win' doesn't really mean anything, at least not when its usually used e.g. in this case.

Call me a panic merchant or whatever, but I reckon which ever side loses this will finish 9th at the absolute highest.

Quote me on that at the end of the season when we're battling it out for 4th place 8)

Call me a panic merchant or whatever, but I reckon which ever side loses this will finish 9th at the absolute highest.

Quote me on that at the end of the season when we're battling it out for 4th place 8)

You've missed my point.

Saunders being out for this one is a bit of a blow, I'd be inclined to stick Brown at RB after a decent showing there against QOS. Sooner Taggart is mended the better though. I'd like to see us lineup something like this:

M.Brown

S.Brown Barr Wright Docherty

Cawley Kirkpatrick (I'll explain why shortly) Routledge Gibson

Fleming Brophy

It might seem as if I've got it in for Grant Gallagher, but I honestly don't see what he gives us at the moment. Routledge is excellent at the dirty work in midfield so allowing Kirkpatrick a wee bit of freedom in there to do the attacking side of the game - which he does best. It's a game we need to go out and attack in, so starting two defensive centre-mids is pointless.

Defensively however I don't know if Wright can: a) Play twice in a week or b) Play on astro-turf. In fact the same goes for Barr, so I wouldn't be shocked to see Buchanan come in for either of them.

Brown

Brown Barr Buchanan Docherty

Cawley Lindsay routledge Gibson

Fleming

Brophy

^^^ This

Wouldn't be against Wright playing if he can hack it.

I also don't believe that Aitken will drop Gallagher. He's been one of our worst performers this year yet has never been dropped. I seriously fail to see what he brings to the party but Aitken seems keen to keep him in the starting 11 regardless. I thought he was invisible once again last night.

Archived