Kilmarnock v Dundee United, 5th December 2015

Surprised noone has made a thread for this yet :rolleyes:

Scotland's most forgettable club take on the early season basement-renters. Since the Killie game at Tannadice, United have scored 5 (Five) goals, conceded 18, won 1 (One), drawn 1, lost 7, in league terms. Killie aren't doing much better, only 8 points ahead.

Subject to international clearance, I'd go with:

Kawashima

(ABD)/Souttar Dillon Gunning

McGowan Rankin Demel Dixon

Fraser

McKay Pongo

I can't see past a 2 goal thriller, with United escaping Rugby Park with a narrow 2-0 victory, with the new signings all playing a part.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised noone has made a thread for this yet :rolleyes:

Scotland's most forgettable club take on the early season basement-renters. Since the Killie game at Tannadice, United have scored 5 (Five) goals, conceded 18, won 1 (One), drawn 1, lost 7, in league terms. Killie aren't doing much better, only 8 points ahead.

Subject to international clearance, I'd go with:

Kawashima

(ABD)/Souttar Dillon Gunning

McGowan Rankin Demel Dixon

Fraser

McKay Pongo

I can't see past a 2 goal thriller, with United escaping Rugby Park with a narrow 2-0 victory, with the new signings all playing a part.

ABD?

It means anyone but Durnan. Which is just silly as there's a much bigger liability in the team than Durnan.

Before Saturday I was totally with Banana re DURNAN!!!!!, but the two half wits that really let us down were Gunning and Dillon. Mixu alluded to this in his post match interview about senior players not showing leadership/ being accountable. ( or something like that). Durnan is inexperienced, what's there excuse?

Gunning's histionics are so disappointing yet not surprising. He's clearly learnt nothing since he left, and still has an attitude problem- which is that last thing we need when the boys really need to pull together and work as a unit. I hope mixu tear's him a new one and let's him know in no uncertain terms that acting like billy big bollocks rather than focussing on performance is not acceptable.

As to the game, if it's the same starting 11 as Saturday , we're good for at least one goal so we need to get a couple early on. We created plenty of chances which is good- just need to take them. Whether we will or not though..........

I'm going for 4-4. Dundee Utd will score two early goals (because Kilmarnock love to concede early goals at Rugby Park, added to the fact we always concede 4 or more goals at home against teams needing a win). Dundee Utd will concede two goals near the end of the match. (Hopefully another McHattie 25 yarder being the goal which levels the game).

I'll be honest, I struggled to convince myself that any of the available 5 CBs filled me with YES, Dillon in particular. However, he starts as he's the main sane head, Gunning starts because he's the most talented in the position, Souttar starts because his attitude is slowly improving. Durnan is still goal-gifting Durnan to the extent that we're having to play a back 3.

I'll be honest, I struggled to convince myself that any of the available 5 CBs filled me with YES, Dillon in particular. However, he starts as he's the main sane head, Gunning starts because he's the most talented in the position, Souttar starts because his attitude is slowly improving. Durnan is still goal-gifting Durnan to the extent that we're having to play a back 3.

I'm really not at all clear what Gunning has done to suggest that he's the most talented. He's not as good in the air as Durnan, not as good on the ball as Dillon. He's not a team player, his concentration levels are awful, he clearly can't follow instructions and to cap it all he's a massive bell-end.

I suppose it's too much to ask for Mixu to ditch the stupid looking cunt given that he only signed him the other week but I have serious doubts that we'll ever be solid at the back whilst Gunning is in the team.

My money will be on utd. We are rank rotten at home. Its either to do with lack of confidence or they simply hate playing on that shite plastic pitch. We never dictate play or dominate a game either. I'm sure utd will come good with a good tactically and talented manager.

Archived