Greenock Morton v Hibernian

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this one. Seen us play Hibs four times, all at Easter Road - twice in 98/99 in the 1st Division, the cup game in 2008 and earlier this season - so will be good to see them at Cappielow for a change!!

Looking forward to this one. Seen us play Hibs four times, all at Easter Road - twice in 98/99 in the 1st Division, the cup game in 2008 and earlier this season - so will be good to see them at Cappielow for a change!!

Last game at Cappielow was also on 5th December, back in '98. Hibs winning 3-1 that day.

If we play like we did at Easter Road we'll do nothing but concede. Although to be fair we've clearly come a fair way since the second game of the season, I feel a slight bit of optimism with this fixture; never a good thing. :unsure:

I thought we played quite well at Easter Road. OK we were on the back foot for a lot of the game but we defended well for the most part and we had a couple of glorious opportunities - McCluskey's one on one with the keeper springs to mind - where on another day we might have scored and taken a point. We still find goals hard to come by but maybe not as hard as earlier in the season and most teams, apart from Rangers have found us hard to break down.

Cue a thumping!

I thought we played quite well at Easter Road. OK we were on the back foot for a lot of the game but we defended well for the most part and we had a couple of glorious opportunities - McCluskey's one on one with the keeper springs to mind - where on another day we might have scored and taken a point. We still find goals hard to come by but maybe not as hard as earlier in the season and most teams, apart from Rangers have found us hard to break down.

Cue a thumping!

We did play well at Easter Road don't get me wrong, it was a surprising watch. Albeit we defended the majority of the match, but that's what I'm meaning. Any team will end up conceding if they constantly lie and give the opposition chances. As long we're not playing on the back leg I reckon we could take something from this on Saturday.

Dont recall the year but i remember i was morton mascot against hibs and barry lavety scored a late winner for them at cappielow, think it may have been the first gqme of that season not sure though as i was just a wee laddy

First game of the season in 1998/99. I seem to recall, as a child, thinking one Scott Bannerman for Hibs was man of the match. At left-wing :lol:

Always remem the 3-3 draw in the premier lgue v Hibs in '87. We were not that long promoted as champions. A scorching day in front of a massive crowd. Would be happy for a repeat of that scoreline again..

Jimmy Boag got the late equaliser that day - our first point of the season. Micky Weir tore Jim Holmes a new one.

Highlight was the abuse given to Alan Rough at the Sinclair St end, mostly reminding him of the times Andy Ritchie made an arse of him,

Archived