Falkirk v Livi

Looking forward to this game.

We were totally outplayed by Falkirk in the first league game, 2nd to every ball and dominated in midfield, don't think that'll happen this time as we have got our act together. Think it'll be quite close and fancy us to get something, I'd happily take a draw and keep our confidence high before going into a run of easier games against the teams around us.

Looks like Buchanan and White will start up front after the two of them doing well together in our cup game, only question will be who starts in midfield, Hippo or Glen, personally I'd rather start Glen and have Hippo coming off the bench 2nd half..

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really tough game this, Falkirk have been so impressive this season and with Baird and Miller have lots of goals in there team.

I've kind of written this game off as we don't have that great a record at Falkirk, so anything from this game would be a bonus.

Don't get me wrong I think we have a strong enough side on our day to compete but it's whether we turn up or not, if we are slightest bit below par Falkirk will punish us.

I'd go with the same again, at the back we are pretty solid, we don't look like conceding very many, White and Buchanan once again worked brilliantly together and for me it's not even a question, Glen has to start ahead of Hippo, gives us a much better balance, and much more reliable than the huffy Hippolyte.

I'll optimistically predict a 1-1 draw

Yeah same with me take a draw here. As long as we don't lose I'll be happy, thank god it's this game after Peterhead away don't think I could go another long trip. Same team again our back four of Niell-Gallagher-Gordon-Longridge seems to be set now the two centre halfs ooze class.

GTF 3rd bottom, we'll finish above Alloa, Dumbarton & St Mirren, and depending how much Raith go into with their customary end of season free fall for us to get above them too. Don't rate Morton or QoS better than us either but they've a bit of a cushion on us just now.

GTF 3rd bottom, we'll finish above Alloa, Dumbarton & St Mirren, and depending how much Raith go into with their customary end of season free fall for us to get above them too. Don't rate Morton or QoS better than us either but they've a bit of a cushion on us just now.

We do have to be realistic though, I'd like to think we will finish above Alloa and Dumbarton, St Mirren have been really poor but you'd expect them to pick up, either that or they get shot of Murray then pick up. I agree the teams above them are no better than us with the exception of the top 3 but we are 10 and 12 points behind, take into account that we haven't won 3 games in a row for about 3 or 4 years that'll make it difficult to claw back that amount of points.

I think we are good enough to finish comfortably in this league but yet another poor start means 8th would be acceptable for me this season.

True ... I expect hibs to be second us third & Livingston third bottom

Not an outrageous prediction but I hope we'll finish a touch better based on what I've seen from the other full-time teams, with the exception of Morton who have an extra dimension with pace.

To clarify, I say others meaning not including the big two and Falkirk who I think are also on slightly higher level to us (and Morton for the record).

I expect us to pick up too, played St Mirren 3 times and looked better than them in every game. It's honours even so far right enough but I like the shape of our team since we got the defence sorted and up front with White- Buchanan/Sheerin. Gibbons and Faria are looking pretty good too, Gibbons esp is getting better with each game.

Certainly don't think 7th place is unrealistic, and Raith have a habit of starting well then bombing. This run of games coming up will tell us a lot, Alloa, Dumbarton, St Mirren & QoS, all very winnable games.

Archived