a jamie vardy in our junior section

jjfootball68

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a similar note is there either:

A - Anyone who has made the move from non-league in Scotland through the division and flourished in all of them before taking the top league by storm (I'm not looking for the usual "he started in junior football/kenny dalglish" answers you usually get).

B - Anyone who you watch playing at Juniors who is such a good goal scorer that you would tip him to score goals in any league he plays in?

Dougie Imrie and Darian McKinnon at Hamilton certainly fit the bill of having come through from the Juniors and playing regularly in the top flight.

McKinnon was one I was thinking of and in terms of strikers fitting the bill Imrie is a great shout.

A - Anyone who has made the move from non-league in Scotland through the division and flourished in all of them before taking the top league by storm (I'm not looking for the usual "he started in junior football/kenny dalglish" answers you usually get).

B - Anyone who you watch playing at Juniors who is such a good goal scorer that you would tip him to score goals in any league he plays in?

A - Being a Kilmarnock fan,you must remember Tom Brown! Wee Broonie was a great servant to Killie,after joining them from the junior ranks.

B - As a couple of guys have said,the boy Forsyth at Troon looks the part.

My post about Adam was a bit of a throw away comment but in all honesty he has done brilliant for us since joining from Annbank. He is attracting interest from the seniors so he must be doing something right. He definitely has a fair bit to go but fair to play to him, he works his socks off

I'm sure early 80s hibs signed graham Harvey from Ormiston.

Went on to play for Dundee as well ??

Jamie Longworth scored around 140 in under 5 seasons with ladeside, I'm sure.

A long time ago, and in a differnt era when high scoring was a lot more common, but Alex Querrie scored 260 goals in six seasons at Kilsyth. The difference here and with some of the other claims being made is that his record is fully verifiable.

How about "Dixie" Deans who moved up from Neilston to Motherwell and Celtic?

How about "Dixie" Deans who moved up from Neilston to Motherwell and Celtic?

Colin stein

A - Being a Kilmarnock fan,you must remember Tom Brown! Wee Broonie was a great servant to Killie,after joining them from the junior ranks.

B - As a couple of guys have said,the boy Forsyth at Troon looks the part.

Great shout with Tom Brown. I was thinking of guys who made their way through the leagues but Broonie would be a good fit. Signed for us from Glenafton and scored on his debut, and our return to Premier Division, against Dundee. Must've been a bit of a fairytale story.

A long time ago, and in a differnt era when high scoring was a lot more common, but Alex Querrie scored 260 goals in six seasons at Kilsyth. The difference here and with some of the other claims being made is that his record is fully verifiable.

Didn't realise that 5 years was a different era. How things are changing so quickly!

Didn't realise that 5 years was a different era. How things are changing so quickly!

I know time speeds up as you get older, but I didn't realise it was only five years ago that Alex Querrie was our star striker. I seem to remember being a schoolboy when I saw him, and now my pension comes in every month.

What happened to the half century in between?

Just for comparison, with their various British senior clubs, scoring records are

Dixie Deans (Motherwell, Celtic, Luton) 163

Billy Wallace (Stenhousemuir, Raith Rovers, Hearts and Celtic) 226

Colin Stein (Hibs, Rangers, Coventry) 127

All players who did very well at junior clubs and made an almost immediate transition to success at seniors.

Archived