Love and addiction?

SANTAN

What's the differences between the two? Are they actually the same feeling with a different name?

No birthday card pish please.

"Love" results in the brain being overwhelmed with the same chemicals (dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine) that are triggered and released during the reward-response chemical cycle (which is the same system that is triggered when you are gambling or partaking in other potentially addictive behaviours). The brain wants to feel that again, ergo you often seek out the attention and contact with the one you "love".

Whether I think they are the same, I don't really think they are tangibly distinguishable. Would say it's a fine line tbh. It depends how sensitive an individual is to the reward-response system.

"Love" results in the brain being overwhelmed with the same chemicals (dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine) that are triggered and released during the reward-response chemical cycle (which is the same system that is triggered when you are gambling or partaking in other potentially addictive behaviours). The brain wants to feel that again, ergo you often seek out the attention and contact with the one you "love".

Whether I think they are the same, I don't really think they are tangibly distinguishable. Would say it's a fine line tbh. It depends how sensitive an individual is to the reward-response system.

Thanks for that post, that's exactly what I was thinking just fleshed out.

Ach, don't worry, Donnie.

There's a burd oot there for all of us. ;)

Archived