Petrofac Cup Final - Rangers vs Peterhead

The_Kincardine

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the debate surrounding the Raith Rovers one.

Hampden wasn't available, so you got Rangers fans on here saying Ibrox should be used because you couldn't expect Rangers to play such a game at Parkhead.

It was the Stranraer chairmen who wanted it played at ibrox if his team made the final.

Facts n all that.

'It is not called the Blue Toon for nothing' he added

To be fair I would not complain if was held at Peterheed, I remember our visits there, welcome banners on the roundabouts, no segregation, dual team scarves and the sash belting out on the club jukebox :thumsup2

I can picture our pal strichener belting out the sash :lol:

Difficult knowing just how much interest there will be by the Rangers support for this, would a half full Hamden be any better than a full 20,25000 stadium filled.. The fact that its Rangers does make it more awkward. Have always felt that given the competition is only for teams up to Championship level the final should be played at a ground within the leagues involved without involving Premier League grounds. Obviously while not ruling out the chance of a huge upset our main aim must be to gain as much financially out of the final as possible as this windfall could keep us going for a few seasons.

Difficult knowing just how much interest there will be by the Rangers support for this, would a half full Hamden be any better than a full 20,25000 stadium filled.. The fact that its Rangers does make it more awkward. Have always felt that given the competition is only for teams up to Championship level the final should be played at a ground within the leagues involved without involving Premier League grounds. Obviously while not ruling out the chance of a huge upset our main aim must be to gain as much financially out of the final as possible as this windfall could keep us going for a few seasons.

We'd sell our allocation of hampden out in a final

I take it that means you are endorsing Hampden then?

Yes with it being home to a 2nd division side it would qualify, there have been finals played at Premier league grounds before which was more what I was getting at. Rangers supporters seem sure they would fill anywhere, if this happens remains to be seen. The biggest ever support I can remember us taking was around 3000 to a cup game at Ibrox & although expect to see a lot of unknown faces follow us to our 1st senior final would expect between us & all the usual freebies that seem to get dished out among the authorities Rangers could have an allocation of around 40,000. As mentioned the main thing we can expect is to get a decent pay-out for reaching it, taking the trophy back to Balmoor would be a bonus.

Doubt Rangers would fill Hampden unless their that desperate for their first trophy, probably answered its self their. Putting it in Aberdeen is surely a no-no there would be scraps everywhere. Best bet is Easter Road but Knowing Rangers they will get their own way and get Hampden.

Hampden could provide a good pay day for Peterhead, one reason to have it there I suppose but this final is usually played at smaller grounds.

Hopefully the sflp listen to what the clubs and fans are saying.

Archived