Fixtures Man

Troon Portland

For a change, thought I'd post a positive thread about the fixtures in Junior football!

Great to see a common sense approach to posting weeks of fixtures in advance, we have plenty of time to arrange sponsorship, hospitality, travel buses & all the other things involved in running a football club. Really does make such a difference. Not only that, (assuming all games go ahead) we will have played all other 11 teams in the Premier League in the first half of the season which is great. An excellent step forward.

Well done fixtures man!

While it's good for some clubs its decidedly poor for others. Irvine Meadow have just played their first home game in six weeks, a cup tie, & have only one more home game scheduled before Christmas. They will have played 4 league games at home and 7 away by then. We still have to play 4 teams in the league but will have played two twice, assuming Saturday's game goes ahead. We all know regular income is vital to clubs but the way things are going we're going to have a lot of midweek home games which will inevitably mean less income than we would get for weekend games.

It shouldn't be too difficult to organise league fixtures at the start of the season so that each team gets a fair allocation of regular home & away games.

While it's good for some clubs its decidedly poor for others. Irvine Meadow have just played their first home game in six weeks, a cup tie, & have only one more home game scheduled before Christmas. They will have played 4 league games at home and 7 away by then. We still have to play 4 teams in the league but will have played two twice, assuming Saturday's game goes ahead. We all know regular income is vital to clubs but the way things are going we're going to have a lot of midweek home games which will inevitably mean less income than we would get for weekend games.

It shouldn't be too difficult to organise league fixtures at the start of the season so that each team gets a fair allocation of regular home & away games.

Ladeside got that last season 1 home game in x amount of games.

You can't just look at league games for the balance of home /away matches at this stage in the season. With cup matches this season Meadow have had 10 home and 12 away games by Christmas. That is nearly every alternative week at home. So it's really not that bad.

I know cup is split gate, however there is other income that home games bring that isn't gate money.

You could also get a run of home league games in January and Feburary way before the end of season mid week games. So I wouldn't be moaning just yet.

P.s Meadow are at home on 12th and 19th December - both before Christmas.

You can't just look at league games for the balance of home /away matches at this stage in the season. With cup matches this season Meadow have had 10 home and 12 away games by Christmas. That is nearly every alternative week at home. So it's really not that bad.

I know cup is split gate, however there is other income that home games bring that isn't gate money.

You could also get a run of home league games in January and Feburary way before the end of season mid week games. So I wouldn't be moaning just yet.

P.s Meadow are at home on 12th and 19th December - both before Christmas.

Only three home games since start of October & two of those were cup ties. On the weeks following the first & second rounds of the Scottish Cup Meadow were scheduled to play home league games. However, their opponents, Petershill & Kilbirnie drew their games, which went to replays. However instead of giving them home games against different opponents they were given away games. I see that the fixture for 19 December has been changed since my orginal post yesterday.

Only three home games since start of October & two of those were cup ties. On the weeks following the first & second rounds of the Scottish Cup Meadow were scheduled to play home league games. However, their opponents, Petershill & Kilbirnie drew their games, which went to replays. However instead of giving them home games against different opponents they were given away games. I see that the fixture for 19 December has been changed since my orginal post yesterday.

Just noticed they have been changed, we were originally down to host Irvine Meadow on the 19th, now we are at home to Arthurlie while Meadow host Kilbirnie.

The thing I just don't get is why does he deprive of us of any genuine fixture list of say three games in advance at any time of the season and then he steams in and gives us them in advance of scottish junior cup ties??

Surely the worst possible time you can try and hand out fixtures in advance is anywhere near scottish cup tie replays / numerous postponements and this is something he's done now for the last few rounds.

And the scottish cup really needs to be kept away from November / December /January as much as possible which is our three worst weather months traditionally.

Not saying it's easy but a few quick scheduled scottish cup fixtures outwith it could maybe balance it up .

I have to disagree with you about the worst weather being in Dec, Jan, & Feb, H.

Remember the scenes from The Old Course, St Andrews. That was on July. At Larky we were playing golf tournaments into October to get the season finished.

Last Saturday the weather was dreadful, but up until then, the weather has been decent for football.

Not looking good for this Saturday though.

I have to disagree with you about the worst weather being in Dec, Jan, & Feb, H.

Remember the scenes from The Old Course, St Andrews. That was on July. At Larky we were playing golf tournaments into October to get the season finished.

Last Saturday the weather was dreadful, but up until then, the weather has been decent for football.

Not looking good for this Saturday though.

Golf then????

Cumbernauld have played 1 home game since 12th September with 1 cancelled due to the weather.There have been 7 away including 4 cup ties 2 Scottish and 2 West.The luck of the draw in the cup makes all the difference but 2 home games to look forward to subject to the weather.

No team should go from 12th Sept until 9th Jan without a home league game.

Try defending that?

We had our free week when Peasies played final, why give us another and teams who have played 4 games more have a game.

U cant and it's the same every season!

after next week if the weather improves teams will have played in the league.

pollok 11

shettleston 10

meadow 9

glenafton 9

peasy 8

arthurlie 8

hurlford 8

beith 8

rob roy 7

talbot 6

kilbirnie 6

the simple way is a change of fixtures with pollok given a free week and kilbirnie play rob roy.

we at meadow know how you feel.

nothing worse than potential midweek fixtures and the south side heroes have a nice saturday fixture.

Archived