Motherwell v Heart of Midlothian

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There should be a copy and paste template for every game we'll play outside of Celtic this season.

"Hearts will win comfortably...unless Neilson's tactical diarrhea flares up again, in which case we'll lose".

If I was a betting man however, he'll probably just have a half hour to go shart and we'll draw.

Hearts to completely boss the first 30 mins and go a goal or two up.

Only for them to then think . . F*ck it, that'll do. . Then revert to a 4-6-0 for a shitfest of a last hour.

Probably draw the game only for neilson to blame the players lack of energy and urgency

Ripley

Law

Kennedy

McManus

Hammell

Ainsworth

Grimshaw

Lasley

Pearson

Moult

McDonald

Would be my team. Similar formation and shape that we played against Aberdeen which was by far our best performance under McGhee so far. Don't be as open as we have in recent games and try and get a grip of the midfield.

Moult on the left is obviously far from ideal but at least you know you'll get a shift out him and he won't abandon his defensive duties. Which is what worries me about starting Johnson or Thomas, especially with the threat Paterson poses going forward down the right.

Unlike the last few games, where we've been dead and buried after about an hour, make sure we keep ourselves in the game then throw on Johnson and Robinson for the last 20 mins or so and have a go.

As per Casagolda's post above; Hammell and Lasley played for the 20s last night and McManus should be available so I'd imagine they'll be in after the shambles up in Dingwall. From listening to him post-Ross County having Lasley available seems to be key to how McGhee wants to set up at the moment

Again completely agree with the post above. I'd have thought that the line up will be that modified 433/442 system we played at Aberdeen with the 3 narrow central midfielders and Ainsworth as the winger playing in between midfield & attack and Moult filling in the space on the left. The fact that Hearts have as robust a central midfield means we definitely need the bodies in there.

Ripley

Law Kennedy McManus Hammell

Grimshaw Lasley Pearson

Ainsworth

McDonald Moult

On the basis of form and our recent performances I'd happily take a draw and us not shipping really soft goals.

Capt_Oats team would be the one for me.

I see Hearts are planning to wear a special 3rd kit on Saturday. Isn't that the grey(ish) one?

Hopefully it's quite a foggy day and the Hearts players can't see each others shirts...

3-0 Motherwell.

I was as annoyed as anyone at Neilson's tactics and sub on Saturday, but we shouldn't revise things and act like he's making numerous mistakes week in week out. We've been going very well recently, and while I'd like to see us have a bit more license attack wise I don't think we have much room for complaint.

Saturday will be tight I think. I'll go for 2-0 Hearts.

Draw for me.

Gomis and the Prince first picks as usual.

Robbie having his usual brain farts with subs and tactics.

Gomis has started one of the last 5. Prince is coming on to a good game and we were much worse after he went off on Saturday.

Still, we've only taken 13 out of the last 15 points in the league so clearly we need a radical rethink.

I'd go with the side and tactical set-up as used against Aberdeen. I didn't catch any of the Coonty game at the weekend but by all accounts we were utterly shite. I thought/hoped Jake Taylor had hitched a lift down the M74 with Baraclough but sadly not.

Either a shiter of a 1-1 or a 0 - (any number between 1 and 4) defeat.

Hearts to completely boss the first 30 mins and go a goal or two up.

Only for them to then think . . F*ck it, that'll do. . Then revert to a 4-6-0 for a shitfest of a last hour.

Probably draw the game only for neilson to blame the players lack of energy and urgency

This post for whatever reason has reminded me of the game after Phil died in the Scottish cup at tynie. Brilliant game hearts went 2 up both from some Lithuanian striker who's name I can't remember then porter scored a double bringing about utter scenes in the away end.

However this squad isn't capable of scoring more than one goal a game never mind a comeback. Also we took over 4 thousand that day we're struggling to get 3 thousand at home games just now.

Archived