Wick v Linlithgow

FuzzyBear

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen them both play Clachnacuddin recently and Rose are a class above. They should have no problem unless they get freaked out by the weird pitch which slopes 3 different ways at least. Teams that play too defensively going uphill are ones that get caught out, best to play it like any other.

Rose are ticking along quite nicely and are a very good footballing side and Wick have just won their first senior trophy and will be flying,also backed by a big home support and THAT pitch,I feel this will be very close.A draw or a one goal margin of victory to either side.

The pitch sounds as though it may be similar to Beith. I had a chat with a guy at our game on Saturday who used to play with Wick - many moons ago - and he reckoned that it was never a significant advantage to the home side. I'm not so sure but you play on a whole range of surfaces across non league so best just to get on with it.

If we can start strongly I'll be a lot happier. We took time to get going against Clach and in our Junior Cup tie at the weekend. On the other hand, we've battered teams early doors and then not sustained it in others. I think we need a complete performance in this game. We've got the team and experience to win the tie but anything less than our best and it will be a long, long way home.

The pitch sounds as though it may be similar to Beith. I had a chat with a guy at our game on Saturday who used to play with Wick - many moons ago - and he reckoned that it was never a significant advantage to the home side. I'm not so sure but you play on a whole range of surfaces across non league so best just to get on with it.

If we can start strongly I'll be a lot happier. We took time to get going against Clach and in our Junior Cup tie at the weekend. On the other hand, we've battered teams early doors and then not sustained it in others. I think we need a complete performance in this game. We've got the team and experience to win the tie but anything less than our best and it will be a long, long way home.

Beith's just a gentle slope compared to Wick if you ask me :lol:

Apart from a hellish long journey I have no idea what to expect with this one. Wick's form seems good although a guy on FitbaNorth thinks the Rose will have too much for them.

I will go for a 2-1 away win.

2-1 Wick, Fitba north is full of fannies, Jimmy Shakers the biggest fanny on it :lol:

Watch the guy Soupie and Andy J, both a pair of 2 faced twats :thumbsdown

I'd be really up for this one if it wasn't in Wick. Saw the two Whitehill games and the 2-2 draw at Nairn. Got recognised at Nairn and made welcome by the Wick guys, got fed after the game at the Legion in Nairn and got a lift on the team bus. James the chairman was brand new.

The young guy Sam Mackay in mf is a player. MacAdie and Chuckie Weir are Wick legends. Not so sure about the defence as they shipped 2 goals each of the 3 games I saw. A few sloppy goals in among that six.

Pitch inspection at 1.15 tomorrow. Fvcking better be on.

I went up there with Brechin for a cup fixture and the fire brigade were pumping water off the pitch as we passed by into town. Did not inspire confidence. Game was on eventually, although pretty sure it was only given the go ahead at 2pm or so.

If that wasn't nervy enough, we were 4-2 down with five minutes to go but somehow we drew it level for a replay. Respect for the Wick locals who travelled down for the midweek fixture!

Guest The Phoenix

Just left the house for work, won't be home until Sunday night.

^^^ Empty at TBR's

PS Best of luck to Rose for the journey and the 90 minutes in the middle.

Archived