Raith v St Mirren

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the Rovers, so f**k knows what the score will be.

I'll guess at a score draw. Crowd 1257. I will be one of those in attendance.

Saying that, this quarter is turning into the usual 'clocks go back' disaster so we really need to arrest the decline and get the win. That'll set us up for the cup game on Saturday.

It's early yet, but the next two games against St Mirren and Elgin look like season defining ones. You could probably throw the Rangers game in there too. First time we've played Rangers at 3pm on a Saturday since we were last in the Premier League. I'm looking forward to seeing how we acquit ourselves in that game.

I have to say this is a must win game, especially after the atrocity of the last 10mins in Dumbarton.

Winning will also boost the confidence for the Cup game against Elgin. I'd right off the The Rangers game, and then we have 2 big and very difficult away games.

This is a must win. 2-1 (1-1 at HT), Stewart with the winner, off his shin or something ridiculous haha.

It's another must win for us to keep our slight chances ( lol ) of reaching the play offs.

I fancy us more away from home but it's hard to tell how Raith will react after that on Saturday.

Meh I think it'll be 1-1 in what will be Murray's 2nd last league game in charge.

It isn't a must win, but failure to win will have us without a win in 5. A defeat will give us 4 defeats in our last 5.

Psychologicaly, we need to end the cycle of things going to pot when the clocks go back. A win here might help to address that a bit.

Hopefully Davidson will be dropped to prevent him chucking another goal away. Please, please let Thomson be fit again.

Where we are in the league it isn't a "must" win but I do worry for our players confidence if we didn't pick up the win, especially after Saturday. I hope that McKinnon went over and above the Fergie hairdryer treatment on Saturday and used a bloody wind machine for them to realise that the last 10 minutes was totally unacceptable.

I know we are playing Rangers in 12 days time but if you look at the fixtures both Falkirk and Morton play both Hibs and Rangers in 2 of their next 3 games. QOTS also have to play Hibs. Add that to the fact that we have games against both Morton and QOTS then I want us to look at these matches as a great opportunity to create that gap between 4th and 5th again. I think at 7 points from the next 4 games though has to be our aim and anything we get from the Rangers match would be a bonus.

I really hope that Thomson is back fit for this one as Davidson just isn't a centre back and is prone to mistakes. I'd actually consider bringing Toshney back into centre back in any case and perhaps Ford or Matthews to right back. I just don't think there's any coincidence that since we moved our best defender out of the centre we've become more susceptible.

I also hope that we keep Daly on the bench. I don't think we played one long ball on Saturday until he came on and looked far more dangerous playing the ball on the ground.

We've played 5 games of the second quarter. We've managed 4 points and they came from the bottom two sides. We finish the quarter with this home game against St Mirren and then a home game with Rangers, followed by away games at our play-off rivals, QoS and Morton.

If we are being serious about challenging for a play-off place, then we have to win more games. If we don't see a home game against a team who are 11 points below us as a must win game, then we need to see away games against the likes of Morton and QoS as must wins.

Either that or we just accept 6th or 7th place is the best we can do.

We have two games in hand over Morton and QoS, so we could open up a points gap again if we can get some wins on the board.

St Mirren will start the game well but retreat more and more firstly into their own half and then into their penalty box. The only way for them to win is to be well ahead - if they are protecting a point or maybe a one goal advantage the ball becomes a hot potato with numerous player Sh1tting themselves. A draw here or an away win would be an excellent result for Morton but can't see either tbh.

Archived