Where to buy National Strip online?

DESTROY88

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The burgundy was always a one-off kit. f**k knows the occasion, but it was only meant to be worn the once. The Saltire effect was only required really in Iceland, yet got four fucking outings. Wouldn't surprise me if the additional white on.the home kit was insisted upon given that three opponents in the next campaign wear......you guessed it, white. Personally i always liked the different styles of away kit released every two years....in my lifetime, we've went from red/dark blue, to all yellow (suspender belt), white/yellow/navy, white/red/purple, orange/purple, all white, yellow/navy, salmon/navy, white/navy, yellow/navy, sky blue/navy.....maybe a return to the red as above was due. Pink and black is absolutely no referrnce to anything Scottish at all.

I've got the burgundy diadora top, we only used it the once, was against Georgia in Tiblisi when we got gubbed and they had that 16year old in goals

The burgundy was always a one-off kit. f**k knows the occasion, but it was only meant to be worn the once. The Saltire effect was only required really in Iceland, yet got four fucking outings. Wouldn't surprise me if the additional white on.the home kit was insisted upon given that three opponents in the next campaign wear......you guessed it, white. Personally i always liked the different styles of away kit released every two years....in my lifetime, we've went from red/dark blue, to all yellow (suspender belt), white/yellow/navy, white/red/purple, orange/purple, all white, yellow/navy, salmon/navy, white/navy, yellow/navy, sky blue/navy.....maybe a return to the red as above was due. Pink and black is absolutely no referrnce to anything Scottish at all.

Except that the first choice strip used to be primrose and pink hoops. Dark blue didn't become standard until about 1910.

According to Historical Kits "The pattern on the first choice shirt resembles a tartan but is in fact a feature of the new Adidas template and also featured on shirts worn by Bosnia & Herzegovina and Ukraine."

You couldn't make it up ....

Except that the first choice strip used to be primrose and pink hoops. Dark blue didn't become standard until about 1910.

Which was hinted at in the last (current) away kit. If the black was replaced by navy blue, it'd be less of an eyesore and more obvious as a Scotland strip....there's definitely a lazy approach to both kits, regardless of the colours.

Fucking hell. Also Scotland home socks are fucking red. Not blue, not white, not fucking burgundy. Red

Red socks are absolutely vile in a Scotland home kit, always look out of place. They wouldn't make this one look any worse right enough, but they should always be either blue or white.

Archived