Season tickets for next qualifiers

an86

Got to agree, there were talks of boycotting games last campaign. If all the members took a stance of not renewing till maybes the the very last minute or not at all , I'm sure that would give the SFA something to think about ?

It's all very well saying that, and very noble, but saying "if we boycotted this" is never going to work. The cap is something like 30,000 members isn't it? There's no way there would be a coordinated enough effort of 30,000 fans to make the SFA care. For it to work, they'd have to completely sacrifice their SSC membership, and then hope that the thousands who might be interested in getting one don't just take their spot. The SFA won't care when they get the money, or where it's coming from. There will always be buyers.

I think they will slightly reduce the prices, although I'm basing that purely on them having some kind of humanity, and not just saying "well we got away with it last time", and putting them up.

A tiered pricing structure I'd be happy enough with - charge whatever you like for the England game (you're going to anyway), then £40 for Slovakia and Slovenia, and £20 for Malta and Lithuania. They could go lower, but trying to realistic. Having the flat rate price backed them into the corner last time - I had no issue paying the price to see Germany (World Champions) and Poland (massive, massive game), but I missed the Georgia game, and only went last minute to Gibraltar because friends were in town and I bought the cheapest seats I could. Had they tiered those two games last time, I'd have been there.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all very well saying that, and very noble, but saying "if we boycotted this" is never going to work. The cap is something like 30,000 members isn't it? There's no way there would be a coordinated enough effort of 30,000 fans to make the SFA care. For it to work, they'd have to completely sacrifice their SSC membership, and then hope that the thousands who might be interested in getting one don't just take their spot. The SFA won't care when they get the money, or where it's coming from. There will always be buyers.

I think they will slightly reduce the prices, although I'm basing that purely on them having some kind of humanity, and not just saying "well we got away with it last time", and putting them up.

A tiered pricing structure I'd be happy enough with - charge whatever you like for the England game (you're going to anyway), then £40 for Slovakia and Slovenia, and £20 for Malta and Lithuania. They could go lower, but trying to realistic. Having the flat rate price backed them into the corner last time - I had no issue paying the price to see Germany (World Champions) and Poland (massive, massive game), but I missed the Georgia game, and only went last minute to Gibraltar because friends were in town and I bought the cheapest seats I could. Had they tiered those two games last time, I'd have been there.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that UEFA rules didn't allow a tiered pricing structure. It does make a bit of sense, I don't think even the SFA are stupid and naive enough to think that charging up to £45 for a game against Gibraltar wouldn't cause a bit of a backlash.

If there is indeed something in place to prevent a tiered pricing structure for this campaign then I'd imagine they'll charge the same as what they did for the Euros.

• 1 month later...

Season ticket prices announced, along with the prices of the individual games. And stone the crows, they've actually done something sensible.

Category A: England

Tickets: £45/£60

Category B: Lithuania, Slovenia, Slovakia

Tickets: £30/£40

Category C: Malta

Tickets: £20/£30

Season Tickets £125/£180

If you're a SSC member, you can get tickets separately for all games (in the North or South stands) for £195, so saving £15 getting the season ticket.

In fact, I pretty much got it spot on further up, although I thought it'd be 20 max for Malta. Could obviously be cheaper, but things could have definitely been worse.

So South stand season ticket is 180...

Buy all five separate it is 195.

Give all the cash to SFA now for the benefit of saving £15....or £3 a game.

And I will probably miss one.

SSC member will buy separate and keep the money in my pouch till the games come round

So South stand season ticket is 180...

Buy all five separate it is 195.

Give all the cash to SFA now for the benefit of saving £15....or £3 a game.

And I will probably miss one.

SSC member will buy separate and keep the money in my pouch till the games come round

Yeah, the season ticket isn't that much of a saving, but guess they thought they'd already lowered things enough with the main tickets. Maybe they'll still offer something more with the season tickets as a bonus, although would've thought they'd have announced it now if so. I guess you get to choose your own seat, which is...something I suppose.

Yeah, the season ticket isn't that much of a saving, but guess they thought they'd already lowered things enough with the main tickets. Maybe they'll still offer something more with the season tickets as a bonus, although would've thought they'd have announced it now if so. I guess you get to choose your own seat, which is...something I suppose.

Can choose your seat for each game.......and actually speaking to the folk I go with we fancy different parts of.th ground for different games.

Also with ST's there will still presumably be a non optional £7.50 special delivery postage charge as there was last time, so in reality they'll likely be £187.50.

Just saw there you can get one for the West Stand for £125. That seems pretty decent value on the face of it.

Read somebody on Twitter make a good point though.

Season ticket is £125 but you've also paid £45 for SSC membership.

So even with a season ticket you pay £15 more than a non member who buys 5 games separate.

Unless you're going to away games, there really is no need to buy a membership. You've basically paid £45 to guarantee an England ticket.

Also with ST's there will still presumably be a non optional £7.50 special delivery postage charge as there was last time, so in reality they'll likely be £187.50.

Which I guess is less than the postage that would be paid for the matches individually.

Read somebody on Twitter make a good point though.

Season ticket is £125 but you've also paid £45 for SSC membership.

So even with a season ticket you pay £15 more than a non member who buys 5 games separate.

Unless you're going to away games, there really is no need to buy a membership. You've basically paid £45 to guarantee an England ticket.

SSC membership has never represented a saving. It's always been about securing tickets for the big matches (as well as away matches), that's one of the reasons why it moved from being the travel club to the SSC.

But it should be pointed out, going by your own arithmetic, that after savings it's only paying £15 to guarantee an England ticket (plus a T-shirt etc). I'm happy to do that to guarantee my ticket.

SSC membership has never represented a saving. It's always been about securing tickets for the big matches (as well as away matches), that's one of the reasons why it moved from being the travel club to the SSC.

But it should be pointed out, going by your own arithmetic, that after savings it's only paying £15 to guarantee an England ticket (plus a T-shirt etc). I'm happy to do that to guarantee my ticket.

What this guy said. Membership is for guaranteeing tickets, not to save money on them.

If you don't go to away games your paying £45 to be guaranteed one ticket for any home game at Hampden,hardly value for money when tickets will be easily got for any of the games including england

Well the SFA don't really have any influence on the number of 'attractive' opponents who we get in a draw.

If some people only want the membership for an England ticket then that is their own choice, nobody is forcing them to buy an SSC membership. If people can't afford it or don't find it value for money then its simple = don't buy it.

Well the SFA don't really have any influence on the number of 'attractive' opponents who we get in a draw.

Don't see the relevance in that,it's £45 actually £48 if you include postage irrespective of who we are drawn against

If some people only want the membership for an England ticket then that is their own choice, nobody is forcing them to buy an SSC membership. If people can't afford it or don't find it value for money then its simple = don't buy it.

Been a member for many,many years but this time around decided to bail out and not renew.Combination of a lot of things including poor fare,ticket prices over the years and the so called week of football pish .I,ll still go to the odd game and will suck up the extra I will have to pay for my ticket.

Archived