Preston, this season's Selkirk?

sareyin

Heard again today that Preston are on a shoogly peg.

Chairman resigned after defeat in the Scottish because he had made promises to the players and management that he couldnt fulfil and pinned the clubs finances this season on a cup run.,,

No cash in the bank so players aren't being paid, expenses cant be paid, no training facilities because they can't afford any, no training kit for the players this season so far, players leaving because promises have been broken and, if what I heard this morning is true, they now have no manager either after he resigned due to the ongoing shambles...

Committe has been thrown together and completely out of their depth to deal with the current situation.

Saving grace for the committee is there's unlikely to be many games this weekend because of the weather so they have a fortnight to get a manager and team together for their next fixture!

Things have not been looking great off the park for Preston since their Scottish cup defeat, chairman cowardly walked leaving the club in turmoil resulting in players & staff not getting paid, today the manager also walked as it became too much for him, some v good young players at Preston who will be up for grabs now surely

How many of the young guys are likely to stay now?

The manager signed all bar 2/3 of the players at the club with most following him in.

Now that he's gone and the club clearly have not got the cash or resources to tempt them into staying how many will walk?

The club, on the park are in a much better position than this time last season with more points than the whole of last year accumulated already, but behind the scenes needs to be addressed rapidly and there doesnt seem to be anyone with the contacts or skills needed to lead them out of this mess on the current committee, they need to realise it'll take more than crossed fingers and a letter to Santa to get them out of the sh!t

The club, on the park are in a much better position than this time last season with more points than the whole of last year accumulated already, but behind the scenes needs to be addressed rapidly and there doesnt seem to be anyone with the contacts or skills needed to lead them out of this mess on the current committee, they need to realise it'll take more than crossed fingers and a letter to Santa to get them out of the sh!t

Maybes instead of slating them you could offer yer services bud.

It's difficult at any level having committees who give up there time most weeks for free.

The manager signed all bar 2/3 of the players at the club with most following him in.

Now that he's gone and the club clearly have not got the cash or resources to tempt them into staying how many will walk?

you seem to know an awful lot about the club situation and seem to be praising the clubs position on the park. Maybe the ex gaffer explaining his reasons for leaving?

"Slating them" is a bit harsh! Agree that its difficult getting volunteers willing to do these posts but most are advertised when there's a vacancy or at the very least an EGM is advertised, held and new office bearer's appointed giving people the chance to volunteer from the local area etc.

In this instance the club have kept everything hush hush and promoted the kit man to chairman.

If he had been a prominant local business man or had the contacts to bring in backers then its a fantastic appointment, unfortunately in this instance thats not the case, hence my post.

If you think thats a bit harsh try avoiding "Jack and the Beanstalk" this Christmas. Full of underhanded trading, amimal cruelty and murder....

Well, gonna assume that they are under contract so won't be able to leave unless they can prove that the club have broken the terms and that's hard to do at this level regarding when exactly money is due. I believe that most contracts can be honoured as long as the club pays the amount prior to the end of it (which in this case would be june at the earliest for most players).

"Slating them" is a bit harsh! Agree that its difficult getting volunteers willing to do these posts but most are advertised when there's a vacancy or at the very least an EGM is advertised, held and new office bearer's appointed giving people the chance to volunteer from the local area etc.

In this instance the club have kept everything hush hush and promoted the kit man to chairman.

If he had been a prominant local business man or had the contacts to bring in backers then its a fantastic appointment, unfortunately in this instance thats not the case, hence my post.

If you think thats a bit harsh try avoiding "Jack and the Beanstalk" this Christmas. Full of underhanded trading, amimal cruelty and murder....

Kitman to chairman that's more of the genies lamp in Aladdin or is it cinders going to the ball or maybes you could spread them magic beans and find yer prominent business man :P

Or is it a case of he's behind you and your trying a bit backstabbing,I see ye did nae reply to Cabbageandribs post ;)

Kitman to chairman that's more of the genies lamp in Aladdin or is it cinders going to the ball or maybes you could spread them magic beans and find yer prominent business man :P

Or is it a case of he's behind you and your trying a bit backstabbing,I see ye did nae reply to Cabbageandribs post ;)

No-one behind me other than the wife (something Colin does not have!)

I have taken in a few games this season watching the 1st team and the U20's and have based my opinions on what I have seen for myself and heard from players, spectators, coaches and the committee themselves.

Preston have the infrastructure to be an excellent club and I hope they get back to having the successes they did when Stevie Myatt was in charge and they had financial backing and cash in the bank from cup success.

At this moment in time though, those days are distant memories and I cant see them coming back without the right people at the helm.

As for players and contracts I'm pretty sure that if the boys have been offered a weekly wage nut haven't been paid to date then it's breach of comtract and they can walk.

Dont quote me on that though because balls had laces in them when I played.

Even if this isnt the case, what team will perform on the park if they're unhappy with background stuff? (just look at Chelski!!)

Think the comments from 'sareyin' regarding the committee are very disrespectful! Honest people with the clubs best intentions at heart have came in and gave nothing but 100% effort! Working tirelessly to turn around a situation that they were left with due to a previous chairman who had just left the club in the complete sh**t. And it's clear to say that sareyin you are quite clearly Colin the manager or his sidekick skeets! Grow up take responsibility that you were not cut out to manage at this level and stick to teaching 5year olds!

Think the comments from 'sareyin' regarding the committee are very disrespectful! Honest people with the clubs best intentions at heart have came in and gave nothing but 100% effort! Working tirelessly to turn around a situation that they were left with due to a previous chairman who had just left the club in the complete sh**t. And it's clear to say that sareyin you are quite clearly Colin the manager or his sidekick skeets! Grow up take responsibility that you were not cut out to manage at this level and stick to teaching 5year olds!

There has been no change in personnel with regards to the committee merely a difference in role's with the previous chairman leaving so its somewhat short-sighted not to consider that those in charge now knew that there were no funds from the start of the season but went along with the charade and are now left to scramble something together to see out the year.

With regard to your "disrespectful" comment, I have not at any point become personal with any of my comments (unlike yours) and have merely stated that I do not think they are incapable of getting the club out of the mess THEY were party to at the start of the season and since,

You can continue as much as you like shouting names at me but I have had nothing to do with the management of the football club but had it not been for Colin's management, the club wouldnt have the players who are there now. Unfortunately I can't see them keeping hold of them for the rest of the year.

There has been no change in personnel with regards to the committee merely a difference in role's with the previous chairman leaving so its somewhat short-sighted not to consider that those in charge now knew that there were no funds from the start of the season but went along with the charade and are now left to scramble something together to see out the year.

With regard to your "disrespectful" comment, I have not at any point become personal with any of my comments (unlike yours) and have merely stated that I do not think they are incapable of getting the club out of the mess THEY were party to at the start of the season and since,

You can continue as much as you like shouting names at me but I have had nothing to do with the management of the football club but had it not been for Colin's management, the club wouldnt have the players who are there now. Unfortunately I can't see them keeping hold of them for the rest of the year.

with all due respect mate the club lie 2nd bottom of the league, do they really want to keep the players they have?

Sorry but this "sareyin" has an awful lot of knowledge about the happenings at the club, and quite frankly it looks like you think your a know it all, but you have absolutely no idea what's happening behind the scenes at the club and personally you should keep your nose out and as for disrespecting the chairman that's extremely uncalled for.. He was voted in by the rest of the committee because they all have an excellent relationship with him and they all respect him but suppose to you he's just "the kit man promoted to chairman" and doesn't have a clue what he's doing? Maybe it's best if you stopped undermining absolutely everything about the club and its committee who quite frankly put absolutely everything into wanting better things for the club and put timeless effort every week into the set up etc.. So keep your big nose out of something that has absolutely nothing to do with you!!

A kitman at our level isn't likely to be a gnome sitting in the corner scrubbing bloodstains out of socks while the club's business goes on all around him. The kit stuff is just one part of the multi-tasking that all committee members have to do, and I know for a fact that the new Panners' chairman has several other tasks at the club. And it sure as hell isn't easy to get someone to come onto a committee, especially at very short notice as seems to have happened here.

Incidentally, Edinburgh City's current chairman was previously the kitman. He is not doing too badly.

In response to surely not, I don't think Preston's players are a poor bunch at all. They are young but have talent; they were holding City well until we hit them with three goals in five minutes. If they had had a few more players with a lot of experience they might have stemmed the flow. As it is, a team which can cause East Kilbride to drop 5 points :) is certainly not a club to be dismissed.

Archived