Scotland Under 21's

mrcat1990

Cant seem to find a dedicated thread for the waens so starting this one up for all game chat. Assume most on here have attended a game or will do in future.

Off to SMP on Friday which I'm looking forward to. It's a fairly strong Scotland squad but can't say I know anything of Ukraines. Seeing as members of the Supporters Club are getting free tickets I'm hoping for a good adult turnout. Last time I went to one of these games there were too many fucking kids and the atmosphere was shit.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant seem to find a dedicated thread for the waens so starting this one up for all game chat. Assume most on here have attended a game or will do in future.

Off to SMP on Friday which I'm looking forward to. It's a fairly strong Scotland squad but can't say I know anything of Ukraines. Seeing as members of the Supporters Club are getting free tickets I'm hoping for a good adult turnout. Last time I went to one of these games there were too many fucking kids and the atmosphere was shit.

Shame Gauld and Christie are out. Good to see if the likes of McBurnie and Cummings look cut out for bigger things.

Have both squads been announced? I can't find the Ukraine side. I was hoping to see Zinchenko but he's in the main squad. Viktor Kovalenko is the main danger IMO.

edit: found them. Zinchenko indeed in the squad including Vladen Yurchenko (Leverkusen) and Valeriy Luchkevych (started Europa League final for Dnipro last season). Couple of decent Dynamo youngsters in there too with Chumak and Burda. Not much else through the squad imo, the strikers in particular look poor and the goalkeeper (Buschan) is a donkey,

From the BBC. Maybe I have high expectations but shouldn't he already know the majority of the U21 squad's names ffs

Strachan admits to identity struggles

Football

Posted at13:04

Scotland manager Gordon Strachan appears to be having a bit of a battle to remember players' names.

Strachan has had to get used to some new faces as he helps Ricky Sbragia prepare the under-21s for their European qualifier against Ukraine on Friday night.

"I like watching good players training. It's mostly a watching brief," he said.

"I have got to know their names though. I think I know them by their tattoos at the moment."

Was thinking about driving through to this. The couple times I've been to at this ground I've been on the train. Is there anywhere good to park nearby?

Secondly seen someone mention SSC members get in for free. How'd we go about that? SSC seem to have stopped sending me emails

Was thinking about driving through to this. The couple times I've been to at this ground I've been on the train. Is there anywhere good to park nearby?

Secondly seen someone mention SSC members get in for free. How'd we go about that? SSC seem to have stopped sending me emails

Car park at the ground plus various streets nearby. Not the most pleasant of areas but car should be fine.

As far as I'm aware they had an allocation available for free but they've all gone.

Might have headed there if it wasn't a 5.45 kick off. That's terrific for the wee weans that have to be tucked up by 8.00om, but not so great for those of us that have to work.

Aye I've had to take the day off. I'm looking forward to it, don't know what to expect from Scotland to be honest.

Archived