Questions About Money In Junior Football

Dean_Robertson

Hi all,

I am writing a feature for college about junior football and the finances involved. I am just looking to get the thoughts of some junior football fans about a couple of issues that I have listed below.

• I was speaking to some people at Gartcairn and they were telling me how they didn't get any funding from the SJFA when they set up the club. I would like to see what people think about that.
  • Also for a Scottish Cup game the SJFA get a % of the revenue, do you think that's right, especially if they aren't providing much money to the clubs they are taking the cash from.
  • Also a more overall question, what are your views on the future of the junior game in Scotland?

Many Thanks,

Dean Robertson.

1. Why would any club in a (semi-) professional environment be looking for help with costs - start-up or otherwise?

2. I would be happier if the SJFA had more of an active plan for using some of the money it collects. But, ultimately, it is the clubs that need to propose ideas, not necessarily the SJFA

1. Why would any club in a (semi-) professional environment be looking for help with costs - start-up or otherwise?

2. I would be happier if the SJFA had more of an active plan for using some of the money it collects. But, ultimately, it is the clubs that need to propose ideas, not necessarily the SJFA

Well, maybe it may be an idea to use some of the money they collect to help fund clubs if they are in need of emergency funds to prevent them from going out of business.

I'm not suggestion clubs would rely on the SJFA for all financial issues, but surely they could help out from time to time.

They do in some cases. Every club in the SJFA received a payment in 2010-11 to offset the losses the severe winter caused – quite a few would have gone under given the fact they had no income stream in many cases for the best part of three months.

In terms of giving out emergency payments to teams in general financial difficulty to keep them afloat, they don’t and rightly so. If that was the case a team could manage themselves as imprudently as they like in the knowledge they could go running to the SJFA when the house of cards collapsed, essentially having the rest of the teams in the organisation – that’s after all what the SJFA is – to bail them out.

In terms of helping with start-up costs, again of course they won’t. A team that doesn’t have sufficient cash to get up and running is already a basket case and wouldn’t be a viable member.

They do in some cases. Every club in the SJFA received a payment in 2010-11 to offset the losses the severe winter caused – quite a few would have gone under given the fact they had no income stream in many cases for the best part of three months.

In terms of giving out emergency payments to teams in general financial difficulty to keep them afloat, they don’t and rightly so. If that was the case a team could manage themselves as imprudently as they like in the knowledge they could go running to the SJFA when the house of cards collapsed, essentially having the rest of the teams in the organisation – that’s after all what the SJFA is – to bail them out.

In terms of helping with start-up costs, again of course they won’t. A team that doesn’t have sufficient cash to get up and running is already a basket case and wouldn’t be a viable member.

Some very good points. Thanks for your responce.

강남풀싸롱 박현빈상무 010↔7452↔8011 ▶Opyo01.CoM◀ 오피요 『강남풀싸롱』 대표구좌 재방율 1위!! 역삼풀싸롱 박현빈상무 010↔7452↔8011 ▶Opyo01.CoM◀ 오피요 『강남풀싸롱』 대표구좌 재방율 1위!!

This.

강남풀싸롱 박현빈상무 010↔7452↔8011 ▶Opyo01.CoM◀ “오피요” 『강남풀싸롱』 대표구좌 재방율 1위!! 역삼풀싸롱 박현빈상무 010↔7452↔8011 ▶Opyo01.CoM◀ “오피요” 『강남풀싸롱』 대표구좌 재방율 1위!!

By far the most salient point I've ever read on the Junior forum.

강남풀싸롱 박현빈상무 010↔7452↔8011 ▶Opyo01.CoM◀ “오피요” 『강남풀싸롱』 대표구좌 재방율 1위!! 역삼풀싸롱 박현빈상무 010↔7452↔8011 ▶Opyo01.CoM◀ “오피요” 『강남풀싸롱』 대표구좌 재방율 1위!!

From the Korean Arthurlie supporters' club. Beat that one, Pollok.

긴 친애하는 지도자 톰 존스턴을 살고 실행 개 아래 하인 피라미드 부르주아!

• Also for a Scottish Cup game the SJFA get a % of the revenue, do you think that's right, especially if they aren't providing much money to the clubs they are taking the cash from.

And they get £10 a booking.....which is often more than the share of the gate!

Archived