dont clubs want sponsorship

wintonfan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on friday morning I emailed the secretaries of 2 local clubs looking to take out an advertising board, basically give me a price and I will give you readies. I is now tuesday morning and I have had no calls, emails or anything. I know it isnt a life changing sponsorship deal but the 2 clubs claim to be community based and my organisation is at he heart of the community so i thought the start of a good relationship

thoughts

we will take your money no problem at all

What local clubs was it ?

Most clubs would bite your hand off for sponsorship

Ardrossan Winton rovers and saltcoats vics, now I am acting on behalf o the SNP as i am branch secretary so i can appreciate how time is precious but if i can respond to emails within 24 hours i would expect others to do the same

An organisation at the heart of the community turns out to be a political party.....

Whilst it is up to every individual club where they find funding, and my own has ads in the programme from msps, perhaps others may find it necessary to discuss it at committee level and even to sound out their support as to whether they want to accept your business.

Even at that they could at least acknowledge your e-mail.

Ardrossan Winton rovers and saltcoats vics, now I am acting on behalf o the SNP as i am branch secretary so i can appreciate how time is precious but if i can respond to emails within 24 hours i would expect others to do the same

I know a number of clubs have similar boards and also some senior clubs.

But are they technically not against SFA/FIFA articles about promoting political views etc?

Political parties/local MPs/MSPs/councillors and football teams.

Nothing new with this.

Partick Thistle had an advert in the ground for the local Labour MP for years.

Sure Broadwood had an advert for the SNP two weeks ago.

Although don't know if that's Clyde or the Colts.

Thorniewood Juniors have an SNP advert.

I'd be curious who would say no to a mainstream local party and why.

Even better if they would come here and let's us know.

Defo looks like the SNP.

I think Kenneth already has one at valefield, our branch is basically Ardrossan and Saltcoats, now knowing how boards work, you make a few quid in year 1 due to the cost of the board itself but beyond that assuming the board is undamaged it is basically straight profit. Now say £100 a year, that is £400 in profit, okay not a life changing sum, it wont buy a 3g pitch but it would buy some grass seed or a ffew gallons of paint for the ground

Although I dont go to games now due to personal reasons I am still a supporter of junior football and we want to put something in. Yes the board would say Ardrossan SNP proud to support Winton Rovers/Saltcoats Victoria but numerous political people have taken advertising at their local ground, yes it is a donation and yes it is us as a branch saying we want to be part of the community

I could enquire if we've got a board at Beith and I'm sure we would be delighted with any help from any sponsor who would be kind enough to help donate to us . :)

Times are tough and any help is great for junior clubs. :)

Dear Former Winton Fan, speaking to a committee member at Ardrossan today and like all clubs they tend to discuss things at

weekly committee meetings. Ardrossan have a large number of boards at Winton Park and always grateful to advertisers who

support us. Having been to every junior ground in Ayrshire I do see there are a number of boards of various political parties

Ardrossan Winton Rovers have not had one of these and it would only be right for their committee to discuss this before

replying to you.

Many of us at Winton Park know you Alan and are disappointed, but not surprised that you are sounding off that the club has not replied to you in your perceived time scales. We are also aware why you choose to stay from Winton Park, not on health grounds as you proclaim, but due to an unwarranted verbal and email attack on a club committee member last year.

So before you do a disservice to another respected local community group within Ardrossan please give the club the courtesy of time to discuss and reply to you.

Archived