Wishaw Juniors FC

Didye Aye

The Talk of The Steamie........

Congratulations to Wishaw Juniors on yet another impressive performance today, running out 5 - 1 winners away from home against Lesmahagow Juniors.

Wishaw Manager Chris McGroarty has got a team that the whole of Wishaw should be proud of. Chris and his management team have got their players playing a style of football that is very pleasing on the eye.......and even (some of) the opposing supporters were heard giving credit today - I won't name them as I don't want their mates to go in a moody with them :-)

Keep up the good work guys......you are definitely fast becoming the talk of the steamie in the ranks of Junior football!

A big shout out also to the "Wishy Ultras" who once again did their team proud with their singing; their cheering; and their weekly fireworks display........ No pyro, no party!!

Thanks for the kind comments.

We have come a long way in recent years but we still have a long long way to go. We have a excellent bunch of lads in the team who work very very hard.

It would be great if more of the townspeople would get behind Chris, his management team and the boys on the pitch but we are fighting against the effects of decades of decline. Wishaw and the surrounding area has had it very hard over the period since the steel industry was decimated and for many local people and businesses there isn't a lot of spare money about. Rome wasn't built in a day as they say and interest in the team is increasing so hopefully we can continue to improve and to entertain. Our story isn't unique and we all just try do the best we can with what have as I am sure does everyone else involved in running and following Junior clubs.

C'mon the Juniors

C'mon 'the Wishae'

Thanks for the kind comments.

We have come a long way in recent years but we still have a long long way to go. We have a excellent bunch of lads in the team who work very very hard.

It would be great if more of the townspeople would get behind Chris, his management team and the boys on the pitch but we are fighting against the effects of decades of decline. Wishaw and the surrounding area has had it very hard over the period since the steel industry was decimated and for many local people and businesses there isn't a lot of spare money about. Rome wasn't built in a day as they say and interest in the team is increasing so hopefully we can continue to improve and to entertain. Our story isn't unique and we all just try do the best we can with what have as I am sure does everyone else involved in running and following Junior clubs.

C'mon the Juniors

C'mon 'the Wishae'

The positive changes effected,both on and off the park at Wishaw in such a relatively short period of time,are quite remarkable and the Beltane has quickly become a ground that offers more than decent facilities,with the bonus of some good fitba.

As for the building of Rome...well if Alexicus Youngus and Roberticus had been involved...who knows how long it might have taken? :huh:

Incidentally,any word re the allegation made against the wee ultra?

The positive changes effected,both on and off the park at Wishaw in such a relatively short period of time,are quite remarkable and the Beltane has quickly become a ground that offers more than decent facilities,with the bonus of some good fitba.

As for the building of Rome...well if Alexicus Youngus and Roberticus had been involved...who knows how long it might have taken? :huh:

Incidentally,any word re the allegation made against the wee ultra?

Thanks tommyboy, however all of this really has been a genuine 'team' effort by our committee from Chairman Bill Kilgour to Mark Wilson our latest recruit. There are are a few unsung heroes in there whose names don't often get much of a mention but they still freely give up their time and turn up week after week and just quietly and tirelessly get on with their bit. It will be the same at most clubs. There is a whole host of unsung heroes out there keeping these 'wee clubs' going.

This a wonderfull grade of football - welcome, friendship, understanding, 'the craik' and hospitality at every club - real 'community' football and it deserves a lot more recognition, publicity and support from business, politicians and the movers and shakers in our society. It not all about winning. It is not all about trophies.

Bill is the chairman and has been with the club through the dark days until now alongside Robert Watson, wilson Patterson and Dave Mcfarlane. These guys kept the club alive and have worked wonders off the park. Owen Dunn also joined the committee at this stage and remains.

Bill is the chairman and has been with the club through the dark days until now alongside Robert Watson, wilson Patterson and Dave Mcfarlane. These guys kept the club alive and have worked wonders off the park. Owen Dunn also joined the committee at this stage and remains.

You seem quite close to Bill,wl. :)

Wishaw secretary how many are in the committee and who are they have seen a few names on this thread can any of the committee tell me what happened to the videos and the web page as I used to keep up to date with the club threw these avenues who ever is on the committee keep up the good work and hope our good form continues.

Wishaw secretary how many are in the committee and who are they have seen a few names on this thread can any of the committee tell me what happened to the videos and the web page as I used to keep up to date with the club threw these avenues who ever is on the committee keep up the good work and hope our good form continues.

We have 9 on the Committee, Bill Kilgour who is Chairman, Owen Dunn, John Egan, Dave MacFarlane, Jim Morrison, Mark Paterson, Wilson Paterson, Alex Young and myself Robert Watson. All of us turn our hands to whatever needs done as best we can.

The videos were taken by one of our regulars who had to stop doing this due to other commitments. He was also responsible for starting the twitter account WishawJuniorsFC@twitter which I try to keep up to date - I have got to admit I'm not too good during matches though. We stopped doing the website because it wasn't easy to keep this up to date at that particular point in time as we had a lot of other stuff to deal with. We would like to get it up and running again if there is someone out there with the time, skills, and interest. Similarly we would also like help from anyone interested in photography to take pics at matches and / or videos - perhaps some talented student out there would see this as something worthwhile to have for their CV for a future career. We do a programme too for most matches. I do most of the content but we now have a supporter doing research and writing some excellent articles which is great.

Wishaw is a big town with a big population and there will be a lot of people out there with time and / or skills who could help us. We are always willing to hear from anyone who wants to help. There is a lot of stuff needing done and many hands make light work. You can contact us at wishawjuniors@hotmail.com or on 07764 223057

I would imagine most small clubs will have fairly similar arrangements and needs to ourselves. So if you are reading this and are a supporter of another club anywhere or are just looking for something to do why don't you pop in to your local club and ask.

It would be a great idea to get the website up and running again and I am sure that there must be someone in the community with the necessary skills, time and enthusiasm for the job.

Perhaps if WJFC were to advertise for a local photographer to take pictures and create a website it would generate more interest in the club, and, ultimately, increase the number of supporters coming through the gate.......and that can only be good for the Club.

C'mon the Wishy!!

In response to your question "guest1" the Chairman is not part of the playing staff - unless I am getting him mixed up with someone else at the Club!?

Whilst it is good to have him around on match days, it is WAY more important for the Club what he does away from the pitch. He would probably be the first to admit that if he was to have played in any of the games where the Club were fighting relegation, there is the distinct possibility that his lack of pace would have been exploited by the opposition!

Thanks for making your point though! Now, play nice or you will be sent to the naughty step :-)

Thanks tommyboy, however all of this really has been a genuine 'team' effort by our committee from Chairman Bill Kilgour to Mark Wilson our latest recruit. There are are a few unsung heroes in there whose names don't often get much of a mention but they still freely give up their time and turn up week after week and just quietly and tirelessly get on with their bit. It will be the same at most clubs. There is a whole host of unsung heroes out there keeping these 'wee clubs' going.

This a wonderfull grade of football - welcome, friendship, understanding, 'the craik' and hospitality at every club - real 'community' football and it deserves a lot more recognition, publicity and support from business, politicians and the movers and shakers in our society. It not all about winning. It is not all about trophies.

i see you use the phrase REAL COMMUNITY CLUB in your post . I think most junior clubs are feeling the pressure from the sfa community team programme which ( in aa dales case ) we have a team off kids and youths brought into a new set up with no intrest in the junior club . Merely ticking boxes . Not educating the kids on the history off junior football or local clubs . They go thru the ranks and diss appear from football at 16-19 . a real community structure focusing on communities should have been the objective . ALL JUNIOR CLUBS HAVE FOCUSED ON THE COMMUNITY FOR DECADES YET NOW STRUGGLE BECAUSE THE NEW FANS ARE GIVEN YET ANOTHER REASON TO STAY AWAY ..

These dark days your on about - do they include the time your team was battling against relegation whilst your chairman was away enjoying the hospitality at Auchinleck?

Thats a cheap shot to bill. I know he will be embarrassed by me posting this but despite ill health bill has been at the park most days since it opened doing work on the park and changing rooms/cutting grass etc and also attends the majority of match days and is the main reason the wishae are where they are today. Bill also goes around all the local businesses and is responsible for a lot of sponsors including the current lucrative shirt sponsor. For anyone to have a go at this hard working man is disrespectful. Yes he has other commitments with the radio but in sure all committee members miss games from time to time with holidays etc. give the guy a break. Keep up the good work Bill.

Thats a cheap shot to bill. I know he will be embarrassed by me posting this but despite ill health bill has been at the park most days since it opened doing work on the park and changing rooms/cutting grass etc and also attends the majority of match days and is the main reason the wishae are where they are today. Bill also goes around all the local businesses and is responsible for a lot of sponsors including the current lucrative shirt sponsor. For anyone to have a go at this hard working man is disrespectful. Yes he has other commitments with the radio but in sure all committee members miss games from time to time with holidays etc. give the guy a break. Keep up the good work Bill.

I saw something about the Just the Juniors Radio show doing something about some new development to improve the junior game that was included in their programme on Friday last. The programme is not up on the website as yet.

Anyone know what that was about?

Good stuff bud,and I'm sure that Bill won't be embarrassed by anything you've posted here. ;)

In fact,it's surely a testament to the guy's character that so many folk ( see the justthejuniors threads )like yourself are willing to take the time to create an account in order to speak on his behalf.

Please convey my best wishes to Bill as he strives to overcome his health issues. :)

So your denying that there is such an arrangement then telling me constitutions can be changed too. I`m confused.

I can see why you're confused. After all your I.P address is showing up as being the same I,p address for Sugar Diabetes, Big Rab and Guest 1

You can decide what account your using within the next thirty minutes and we can bin the rest.

I can see why you're confused. After all your I.P address is showing up as being the same I,p address for Sugar Diabetes, Big Rab and Guest 1

You can decide what account your using within the next thirty minutes and we can bin the rest.

Superb

Must be a power of folk that have multiple accounts ?

I had another account but on the advice of my lawyers I stopped using it ha ha

Children, children, can you please stop using this thread as the platform for your arguments.

This thread was started in order to heap praise on Wishaw Juniors, and the progress they are making under the leadership of Chris McGroarty and his staff.

It was not intended to turn into a childish, unnecessary argument about the politics, or the goings on behind the scenes, of the club.

If we are all supporters of the club can we please join together for the good of the team..........and stop gossiping like oul' sweetie wives!!

If, however, you cannot do that, can you at least do us all a favour and start your own thread - otherwise you will be sent to your rooms without your tea!

If you want other peoples' opinions on your petty bickering you can look them up at : www.couldn'tgiveaflyingf#ck.com

C'mon the Wishy :-)

Archived