League Cup Semi-Finals 2015-16

PauloPerth

Wasn't really referring to that bit, though of course it'd be possible. To say we'd have "absolutely no chance" of beating St Johnstone or Ross County is some pretty shan bait.

Fair dues, you would be underdogs for both games though, and I'd struggle to envisage you beating either side. County are probably the most dangerous side in Scotland just now, while we're generally capable of beating lower league sides. Imagine you'd have more chance against us than County on current form.

Mental its like three months to the games though!

Also would Hearts v Hibs not be better at Murrayfield than dragging everyone to Glasgow?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if you're trolling or genuinely think you'd have a chance.

:lol:

Fair dues, you would be underdogs for both games though, and I'd struggle to envisage you beating either side. County are probably the most dangerous side in Scotland just now, while we're generally capable of beating lower league sides. Imagine you'd have more chance against us than County on current form.

Mental its like three months to the games though!

Also would Hearts v Hibs not be better at Murrayfield than dragging everyone to Glasgow?

You'd probably have given us no chance against Aberdeen in the last round tbf, like most people. I agree we'd be underdogs as things stand, but 3 months is a long time like you say and a lot can change.

I'd be all for an Edinburgh derby at Murrayfield if Hearts hadn't shat the bed against Celtic once again.

You'd probably have given us no chance against Aberdeen in the last round tbf, like most people. I agree we'd be underdogs as things stand, but 3 months is a long time like you say and a lot can change.

I'd be all for an Edinburgh derby at Murrayfield if Hearts hadn't shat the bed against Celtic once again.

A fair point. And yeah, we'll probably have lost our best player by the end of January :(

And yeah, I forgot that game was tonight tbh

There is no chance of the SFA or SPFL ever taking football matches to Murrayfield, nevermind at the end of January.

EDIT: Oddities like a major finals aside.

I'll predict that Celtic v Anyone will clearly be at Hampden... Hibs v Ross County/St Johnstone would be at Tynecastle... Dundee Utd v St Johnstone would be Tynecastle (not ER as Hibs would still be at home themselves), although you could make a case for a Tayside derby at Pittodrie if you'd get more than 17k... Ross County v Dundee Utd/St Johnstone would be Pittodrie (or Tannadice if latter? would it exceed 14k?).

He's got a point, theres absolutely no chance on this Earth you'd score three past us, its happened three times in the last 12 months, one of those times to Celtic and one of those times to Hearts when we gave up defending and also scored three. Malonga and Cummings FFS

Still better than any shit you've had at you're club in the past few years.

Whoever we play will be at Hampden

The other semi will be at Tynecastle or Dens Park depending on the outcome of Hibs v D.Utd

Unless St Johnstone draw Ross County which will probs be at Tannadice

Unlikely... Dundee are home in Premiership, and surely the capacity at Dens would be insufficient for Dundee Utd-St Johnstone (or even Dundee Utd-Ross County)?

The other thing to consider is who the "heated balls" will be, I've long thought these draws were fixed when you get down to the semi finals.

I think the SFA will want Celtic in the final against whoever wins the Dundee Utd/Hibs QF, the question is who out of RC/StJ are they more likely to beat in the semi?

I think it will be

Celtic v St Johnstone @ Hampden

Ross County v Hibs @ Tannadice (Calling Hibs to pull off the upset in the QF)

The other thing to consider is who the "heated balls" will be, I've long thought these draws were fixed when you get down to the semi finals.

I think the SFA will want Celtic in the final against whoever wins the Dundee Utd/Hibs QF, the question is who out of RC/StJ are they more likely to beat in the semi?

I think it will be

It's cute people still believe cup draws in Scotland are rigged.

There is no chance of the SFA or SPFL ever taking football matches to Murrayfield, nevermind at the end of January.

EDIT: Oddities like a major finals aside.

I'll predict that Celtic v Anyone will clearly be at Hampden... Hibs v Ross County/St Johnstone would be at Tynecastle... Dundee Utd v St Johnstone would be Tynecastle (not ER as Hibs would still be at home themselves), although you could make a case for a Tayside derby at Pittodrie if you'd get more than 17k... Ross County v Dundee Utd/St Johnstone would be Pittodrie (or Tannadice if latter? would it exceed 14k?).

Id absolutely hate a Semi-Final at the soulless shell that is Pittodrie

Id absolutely hate a Semi-Final at the soulless shell that is Pittodrie

No chance of it happening. If you get United/Hibs then Edinburgh is closer for both teams, and if it's County then Dens or Tannadice are better options.

Pittodrie only an option if it's Ross County v United/Hibs.

Undoubtedly.

I think it will be

You realise it's not the SFA's competition?

Not sure if you're trolling or genuinely think you'd have a chance. Football isn't played in 1888Lichties head unfortunately for the Hibees. I'm not going to bite anyway. Have a nice night.

:lol:

I'm really hoping this game materialises now TSAC, who knows you might be right after all. :P

The game involving Celtic will be at Hampden and the other will be played in Edinburgh. Would love to avoid Celtic. Please!!! Think the other three potential opponents are much of a muchness.

Think the comments regarding Hibs are potentially the sort that could come back to bite certain Saints posters. I would be confident that we had the ability to beat Hibs but I would never suggest it was a foregone conclusion and could perfectly understand Hibs fans thinking they could beat us.

Archived