Change

ollyj

Exactly, too many keyboard warriors on here but no one seemingly brave enough to actually do anything.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If amateur leagues can sort out fixtures months in advance knowing what dates Scottish and west are in before the draws then surely the juniors can then whatever call offs replays etc then they just rearrange the fixtures that need to be postponed for cup games

But clubs don't get voted down at the agm.

Clubs don't raise any issues or suggestions at the agm.

Yes the fans and voices may be in here.

However the club committees are either apathetic or plain scared.

Retention for instance you would have imagined after the downfield and various north juniors debacle being raised.

Not a mention by any club.

All that happens is the buffet gets eaten (even by Hermes).

Frankly the clubs by default 100% support the dinosaurs

Maybe clubs dont raise anything at the AGM because its utterly futile given that the vast majority clubs as fan of the juniors says are quite happy plodding along and have zero ambition.

Maybe clubs dont raise anything at the AGM because its utterly futile given that the vast majority clubs as fan of the juniors says are quite happy plodding along and have zero ambition.

But are you seriously suggesting that if just 1 club had raised the retention issue at the AGM it would have been ignored.

Only needs ONE club to raise an issue to force a vote.

Is EVERY club committee weak and apathetic ?Clearly

the answer to that is yes.

Therefore we can shout and scream as much as we want on this forum. It matters diddly squat.

I'm not sure the travelling issue should be played on so much. Travelling from Ayrshire to say Linlithgow these days is a simple drive, it's motorway the whole way with no breaks. For say Hurlford, Meadow etc to travel to Linlithgow takes a maximum 1 hour 20 mins by bus, it's hardly a mammoth trek! Plus a lot of the boys live in Glasgow so it's even less of a journey then.

It's different in the seniors where there is no regional split so overnight stays or 7/8 hour return journeys every second week can be the norm. I would say that anything within a 2 hour drive each way is a reasonable journey to play Semi Pro football, the rugby guys do it week in week out!

These kind of excuses is what holds Scottish football back. Look at English football in the lower semi pro leagues. Midweek games and 6 hour round trips are the norm, this is what enables the pyramid to work and operate! I would be delighted for us as a club to explore it giving the club, it's supporters and it's young players the opportunity to play at the highest level possible in our country.

By wanting to limit horizons by playing within a 45 minute radius of your house can only limit your potential as a club or a player. More importantly it will limit the potential of Scottish football to fully integrate and enable an equitable distribution of funding through the ranks.[/quote

Exactly, too many keyboard warriors on here but no one seemingly brave enough to actually do anything.

Just to address that particular point, the East Region re-organisation began on this very forum!

I chucked the idea up on a thread, it was discussed, tweaked a wee bit, received positive feedback and eventually Jeanfield Swifts took up the proposal and presented it for consideration at the East AGM and it was voted through overwhelmingly. That was because people spent the best part of a year discussing it on here and behind the scenes, arguing the pros and cons and dispelling any concerns/myths. Therefore when it came to the vote most people knew exactly what was being proposed and made an informed decision.

There is normally little point in an individual club coming up with an idea and firing in a letter for consideration at the AGM. Few clubs will know about it and they’ll just vote it out.

If there are club reps on this forum who would like to see the back of the Reinstatement Rule, then get a proposal together NOW, publicise it on here and circulate by email amongst the clubs, get the discussion started now and by the time June comes along you may have the necessary support to see it abolished. That goes for any particular part of the game that people want to see change eg. I’ve seen moans on here about West Region kick-off times, and West Region league re-organisation.

The clubs have the power to change anything about the SJFA, however you need to sell the idea well beforehand, just like a candidate in an election.

But are you seriously suggesting that if just 1 club had raised the retention issue at the AGM it would have been ignored.

Only needs ONE club to raise an issue to force a vote.

Is EVERY club committee weak and apathetic ?Clearly

the answer to that is yes.

Therefore we can shout and scream as much as we want on this forum. It matters diddly squat.

You need to sell the idea well beforehand, no point one club proposing something in isolation.

Many reps at these meetings wont have had any instruction from their committee on which way to vote, so vote status quo.

The East Region does seem to be far more pro-active than here in the West.

Maybe thats to do with the region secretary being a bit more amenable to change.

Believe me putting forward ideas to change things is futile through here in the West.

Trust me it's not. The East management committee were dead set against what we have now, but the clubs voted it through anyway. As I said, the clubs have the power if it can be harnessed correctly.

You need to sell the idea well beforehand, no point one club proposing something in isolation.

Many reps at these meetings wont have had any instruction from their committee on which way to vote, so vote status quo.

Agree totally about this, plus the comments about how the league reorg happened in the east. There is no doubt the top table version was based on favouring the clubs who were in the Superleague (at the time) with little consideration of the 'lesser' clubs. A bit like George Osbourne's austerity programme. :o

I know it would be a big step, but why can't the regions and the SJFA management group ask for proposals to be submitted in writing with backing justification. In other words showing why it is important, and how it will benefit the game. Clubs can look at it then it detail and at leisure before meetings. The reality is that club reps come along to meetings and in the democracy that is their club do not have the authority to cast a vote for anything other than the status quo.

I think this one change could transform the junior game.

And by sharing the proposal document (electronically I hope) we are getting a wider set of opinions, and things get thought though and talked through.

This is what happened with the east region reorg, where ideas were exchanged, different people did various tasks. We have a great resource of people wanting to help. Lets use it.

And please take us a long way beyond the 'hands up for *xyz' nonsense.

*xyz can be any one of:

Summer football

Season long fixture list

Let kids in for free

Reinstatement income generator and points deductor

Add your own.....

Keyboard warriors ???

Most of us here are just fans of our clubs so that comment is well out of order

If I was a committee member of my club I wouldn't be able to come on here & speak as freely as I do or my club would most likely be hit with sanctions from the Beeks

Or at the least j would never be away from the secretary's door gettin my arse chewed

I'm not sure the travelling issue should be played on so much. Travelling from Ayrshire to say Linlithgow these days is a simple drive, it's motorway the whole way with no breaks. For say Hurlford, Meadow etc to travel to Linlithgow takes a maximum 1 hour 20 mins by bus, it's hardly a mammoth trek! Plus a lot of the boys live in Glasgow so it's even less of a journey then.

It's different in the seniors where there is no regional split so overnight stays or 7/8 hour return journeys every second week can be the norm. I would say that anything within a 2 hour drive each way is a reasonable journey to play Semi Pro football, the rugby guys do it week in week out!

These kind of excuses is what holds Scottish football back. Look at English football in the lower semi pro leagues. Midweek games and 6 hour round trips are the norm, this is what enables the pyramid to work and operate! I would be delighted for us as a club to explore it giving the club, it's supporters and it's young players the opportunity to play at the highest level possible in our country.

By wanting to limit horizons by playing within a 45 minute radius of your house can only limit your potential as a club or a player. More importantly it will limit the potential of Scottish football to fully integrate and enable an equitable distribution of funding through the ranks.[/quote

Travel is now well established in the East Region my club Armadale travel to Montrose,Forfar and Dundee to play league games

As its a pyramid, and not all junior teams are going to be in the top Lowland League, travelling shouldn't be an issue for the vast majority of teams if the juniors decided t join the pyramid. Only the top league will be the whole of the south, below that it will be further regionalised so in essesence if the juniors joined in wholesale they could be bolted on below the lowland league and keep their existing structure, with promotion via a playoff to get promotion to the lowland league added in for the 2 teams finishing top of the east and west super league for a place in the lowland league, if they have a liscence / are seen to be working towards one.

This licence nonsense again ?

Someone posted a link to it which didn't explain much

Can anyone list in full in black n white on here what is actually needed for a licence

Thought you needed floodlight & x amount of seats but led to believe you don't now ?

Is there a cash payment that's needed ?

If someone could write it down that would be great

As its a pyramid, and not all junior teams are going to be in the top Lowland League, travelling shouldn't be an issue for the vast majority of teams if the juniors decided t join the pyramid. Only the top league will be the whole of the south, below that it will be further regionalised so in essesence if the juniors joined in wholesale they could be bolted on below the lowland league and keep their existing structure, with promotion via a playoff to get promotion to the lowland league added in for the 2 teams finishing top of the east and west super league for a place in the lowland league, if they have a liscence / are seen to be working towards one.

Junior clubs will never accept being "bolted on" below the LL, that's almost a certainty.

This licence nonsense again ?

Someone posted a link to it which didn't explain much

Can anyone list in full in black n white on here what is actually needed for a licence

Thought you needed floodlight & x amount of seats but led to believe you don't now ?

Is there a cash payment that's needed ?

If someone could write it down that would be great

No floodlights required, cover for 100 spectators, a non see through fence, male/female toilets, some internal requiements for the changing rooms, medical room, and a whole load of technical stuff.

No floodlights required, cover for 100 spectators, a non see through fence, male/female toilets, some internal requiements for the changing rooms, medical room, and a whole load of technical stuff.

Isn't there also a need for a qualified first aider amongst committee members. ?

Definitely a need for first aid points that are clearly marked within the ground and also disabled access.

On top of what you posted I'm unsure of anything else.

Archived