Lets Cut This Pish

RadgerTheBadger

Ireland beating Germany didn't cost us, nor did Poland beating Germany cost us. It was our own inability to execute enough chances, failure to see games out and the fact we set up to play for draws and celebrate like we'd won the whole tournament ie. Dublin (not I) when it was clear that wins were vital in a group such as our which cost us

However what also helped us on our way to our measly feeble 15 points was 2 deflections/OGs against Georgia and Ireland at home and away respectively

Some say Ireland's goal in Dublin was offside yet fail to mention how in the lead up to the aforementioned goal we failed to clear our lines, nor could we string two passes together the first half and benefited from an as already mentioned huge deflection/OG. Playing and setting up for a draw was fucking criminal

Georgia away well... The arseholes who applauded that performance in Tbilisi that night must be the real people Gordon Strachan talks about

Craig Levein even got us into the final round of fixtures with something to play when we went to Alicante in 2011. It was much harder to qualify from that group as well with only the top 1 outright and 2nd earning a play-off. Even Dode Burley had us in with a shout in the last game against Holland FFS!

The same WGS apologists don't mention that we were robbed against the Czechs at Hampden and when it came to Cardiff in 2012 we had a legitimate goal chopped off while we were 1-0 up then lost to a wonder goal (albeit Chuck Adam turning his back) and they were quickly awarded a dubious penalty

Is it because the press are scared off WGS that he seems to be lauded as some sort of messiah. We keep getting told by him that we have to feel sorry for the players. The same players who lost us silly goals and didn't take vital chances when they were represented with the opportunity

Gordon Strachans interviews after the Poland debacle and pre Gibraltar lap of honour shambles were a kick in the Noel Hunt to every single man, woman and child alike who had spent a single penny off there hard earned throughout the last year, but hey he's spoken to "real people" so everything's all good in the hood.

Failure to gain a play-off spot was nothing short of abominable.

Gie it a fucking break. The majority of Scotland fans, especially those that fork out and follow the team, are pretty happy that he's staying on.

Noone deems that campaign as a success but we've seen bits and pieces and we are realistic enough to know that our squad is not the greatest.

Ireland beating Germany didn't cost us, nor did Poland beating Germany cost us. It was our own inability to execute enough chances, failure to see games out and the fact we set up to play for draws and celebrate like we'd won the whole tournament ie. Dublin (not I) when it was clear that wins were vital in a group such as our which cost us

However what also helped us on our way to our measly feeble 15 points was 2 deflections/OGs against Georgia and Ireland at home and away respectively

Some say Ireland's goal in Dublin was offside yet fail to mention how in the lead up to the aforementioned goal we failed to clear our lines, nor could we string two passes together the first half and benefited from an as already mentioned huge deflection/OG. Playing and setting up for a draw was fucking criminal

Georgia away well... The arseholes who applauded that performance in Tbilisi that night must be the real people Gordon Strachan talks about

Craig Levein even got us into the final round of fixtures with something to play when we went to Alicante in 2011. It was much harder to qualify from that group as well with only the top 1 outright and 2nd earning a play-off. Even Dode Burley had us in with a shout in the last game against Holland FFS!

The same WGS apologists don't mention that we were robbed against the Czechs at Hampden and when it came to Cardiff in 2012 we had a legitimate goal chopped off while we were 1-0 up then lost to a wonder goal (albeit Chuck Adam turning his back) and they were quickly awarded a dubious penalty

Is it because the press are scared off WGS that he seems to be lauded as some sort of messiah. We keep getting told by him that we have to feel sorry for the players. The same players who lost us silly goals and didn't take vital chances when they were represented with the opportunity

Gordon Strachans interviews after the Poland debacle and pre Gibraltar lap of honour shambles were a kick in the Noel Hunt to every single man, woman and child alike who had spent a single penny off there hard earned throughout the last year, but hey he's spoken to "real people" so everything's all good in the hood.

A few questions/comments,

- Ireland beating Germany did cost us in a way, purely because if they hadn't, we'd be in the playoffs. But that's only down to us not beating Georgia, admittedly. Had we won that, we'd have been through with a creditable draw against Poland.

- Who applauded our performance in Tbilisi?

- "Even Levein" doesn't take context into account. He had fucked it by then, and only a very poor Czech side stopped us from being eliminated earlier. Comparing them for the means of deriding WGS just shows you've got something against the latter. Levein had a terrible, terrible record, and was an absolute knob to boot. WGS hasn't been stellar, but nowhere near as bad as Levein by some distance.

- No-ones lauded WGS as a messiah. If you're getting that in some way from the media, then just remember it's the media. They get paid to talk pish. The opinion amongst the fans appears to be somewhere in between "get rid immediately" and "keep him unless we have a better option". Nothing messiah-like.

- Failing to gain a play-off spot was bad, and below what we expected, but "abominable"? Get a grip.

Ireland beating Germany didn't cost us, nor did Poland beating Germany cost us. It was our own inability to execute enough chances, failure to see games out and the fact we set up to play for draws and celebrate like we'd won the whole tournament ie. Dublin (not I) when it was clear that wins were vital in a group such as our which cost usHowever what also helped us on our way to our measly feeble 15 points was 2 deflections/OGs against Georgia and Ireland at home and away respectivelySome say Ireland's goal in Dublin was offside yet fail to mention how in the lead up to the aforementioned goal we failed to clear our lines, nor could we string two passes together the first half and benefited from an as already mentioned huge deflection/OG. Playing and setting up for a draw was fucking criminalGeorgia away well... The arseholes who applauded that performance in Tbilisi that night must be the real people Gordon Strachan talks aboutCraig Levein even got us into the final round of fixtures with something to play when we went to Alicante in 2011. It was much harder to qualify from that group as well with only the top 1 outright and 2nd earning a play-off. Even Dode Burley had us in with a shout in the last game against Holland FFS!The same WGS apologists don't mention that we were robbed against the Czechs at Hampden and when it came to Cardiff in 2012 we had a legitimate goal chopped off while we were 1-0 up then lost to a wonder goal (albeit Chuck Adam turning his back) and they were quickly awarded a dubious penaltyIs it because the press are scared off WGS that he seems to be lauded as some sort of messiah. We keep getting told by him that we have to feel sorry for the players. The same players who lost us silly goals and didn't take vital chances when they were represented with the opportunityGordon Strachans interviews after the Poland debacle and pre Gibraltar lap of honour shambles were a kick in the Noel Hunt to every single man, woman and child alike who had spent a single penny off there hard earned throughout the last year, but hey he's spoken to "real people" so everything's all good in the hood.Failure to gain a play-off spot was nothing short of abominable.

I'm still waiting on the rest of the article about his crashing the poor c***s wedding, or other peoples golf days, and in particular what relevance they have had in relation to the warbling shite he came out with about them. An absolute third-rate deflection tactic yet incredibly, it worked!!!

^^^^^

Past verge of tears and sobbing uncontrollably. Me and Jasmie McCarthy and all Irishmen are loving it!!

Ireland beating Germany did cost us in a way, purely because if they hadn't, we'd be in the playoffs

What a load of absolute fuckin shite , if you need other results to go in your favour then they do not cost you anything, you only have yourself to blame. End of story

But that's only down to us not beating Georgia, admittedly.

That is why we did not qualify, and not beating Ireland away. The same reason we always fail. 3 points against Georgia is the same as 3 points against Germany, if we are to get any friendly between now and next year they should all be away games against sides like Slovenia Latvia Albania etc etc, these are the games we can't buy a win in, this is the area where most improvement is needed

A few questions/comments,

- Ireland beating Germany did cost us in a way, purely because if they hadn't, we'd be in the playoffs. But that's only down to us not beating Georgia, admittedly. Had we won that, we'd have been through with a creditable draw against Poland.

- Who applauded our performance in Tbilisi?

- "Even Levein" doesn't take context into account. He had fucked it by then, and only a very poor Czech side stopped us from being eliminated earlier. Comparing them for the means of deriding WGS just shows you've got something against the latter. Levein had a terrible, terrible record, and was an absolute knob to boot. WGS hasn't been stellar, but nowhere near as bad as Levein by some distance.

- No-ones lauded WGS as a messiah. If you're getting that in some way from the media, then just remember it's the media. They get paid to talk pish. The opinion amongst the fans appears to be somewhere in between "get rid immediately" and "keep him unless we have a better option". Nothing messiah-like.

- Failing to gain a play-off spot was bad, and below what we expected, but "abominable"? Get a grip.

- Firstly You've answered your own question, we didn't do what was required of ourselves so it had nothing to do with other results whatsoever. Add in the fact as I said previously we couldn't see games out so the fact you are relying on other results suggest we didn't deserve minimum third in the first place

- around us in Tbilisi a large number were applauding at full time and cheering WGS name. Admittedly there was off course boo's as well but a large number of happy clappers

- Levein and co may well have fucked it by then but the fact is we were still in it right till the death. Strachan fucked us in Georgia and arguably in Dublin setting up for a draw against arguably our closest challengers. As for having something against Gordon Strachan, not at all but his interviews can be very tiresome. Just answer the fucking questions and stop looking for sympathy for "the boys".

As for Craig Levein I think the man is a complete and utter areehole, I'm saying that as not only a Hibs fan but a Scotland fan, so any notion I have something against WGS is well off the mark. If I'd been on P&B when Mcleish, Burley, Vogts or been a regular user during Potters reign I'd be asking similar questions to their selections

- The hysteria before, during and after the game on Sunday and all over Facebook, TAMB, Twitter and general talk in work etc by the vast vast majority that I personally have seen, read and spoke too suggests he is some sort of hero

- And finally failing to reach a minimum play-off place in an extended tournament with a game to spare is abominable as far as I'm concerned

^^^^^

Past verge of tears and sobbing uncontrollably. Me and Jasmie McCarthy and all Irishmen are loving it!!

Give it up Seamus. You're about as convincing an Irishman as a giraffe in dark glasses trying to get into a polar bears only club.

You are a very convincing cnut though. Well done there :)

we've not to mention the ireland offside goal because we couldnt clear our lines beforehand, but the collapse to wales is alright because one was a wonder goal and the other was a wrong decision

the OP is all over the place, the 2012 euros qualifying campaign was seemingly tougher with fantastic teams like lithuania and liechenstein, 2 teams that we didnt get full points from :lol:

we've not to mention the ireland offside goal because we couldnt clear our lines beforehand, but the collapse to wales is alright because one was a wonder goal and the other was a wrong decision

the OP is all over the place, the 2012 euros qualifying campaign was seemingly tougher with fantastic teams like lithuania and liechenstein, 2 teams that we didnt get full points from :lol:

We got full pts from Liechtenstein didn't we?

nope didnt we scrape a 2-2 draw in injury time at hampden to them?

either way we finished that group with 11 points, thats 1 less than full points from the 2 teams that i posted, yet the OP claims it was a harder group :lol:

Nope, a heroic last ditch 2-1 victory at Hampden.

Oh it was magnificent. A real high as Levein's glasses went flying as we saluted the slaying of a footballing powerhouse.

Nope, a heroic last ditch 2-1 victory at Hampden. Oh it was magnificent. A real high as Levein's glasses went flying as we saluted the slaying of a footballing powerhouse.

94th minute was it not? I recall listening to it and just being disgusted.

I watched the away against them as well, and whilst we never looked like losing, we made hard work of it and toiled for a while (0-2 was it not?).

my mistake, the 0-0 draw away to lithuania was the dropped points from they 4 games

That was another shitebag away performance. Was it not also McFadden's last game for Scotland, with him getting a lot of blame from various places?

94th minute was it not? I recall listening to it and just being disgusted.

I watched the away against them as well, and whilst we never looked like losing, we made hard work of it and toiled for a while (0-2 was it not?).

0-1, Mackail-Smith scored for us.

(Lithuania) was another shitebag away performance. Was it not also McFadden's last game for Scotland, with him getting a lot of blame from various places?

No, it was the Liechtenstein home game that was McFadden's last game for us. not because of his performance in that game though - it was the cruciate injury he sustained in training with Birmingham the following week that pumped him.

0-1, Mackail-Smith scored for us.

No, it was the Liechtenstein home game that was McFadden's last game for us. not because of his performance in that game though - it was the cruciate injury he sustained in training with Birmingham the following week that pumped him.

Shows how memorable those away games were!

Levein was keen to blame McFadden for the Liechtenstein performance though and use it as evidence of why he shouldn't give in to public pressure in future.

Levein was quite unspeakably awful in the role.

Of that there's no doubt, but it bugs me that that fact does Strachan such favours.

Levein was keen to blame McFadden for the Liechtenstein performance though and use it as evidence of why he shouldn't give in to public pressure in future.Levein was quite unspeakably awful in the role. Of that there's no doubt, but it bugs me that that fact does Strachan such favours.

Yeah I suspect McFadden would have found himself benched for a good few fixtures had he not picked up that injury. Tbf he'd been average to pish for us since the euro 2008 Ukraine game (2010 Macedonia wondergoal aside) anyway.

Wasn't it the 97th minute v Liechtenstein? Seem to remember there being a shitload of injury time

Yes, in fact the allotted time - I can't remember whether it was six or seven minutes - had already ticked by. Within it however, the ref must have deemed there to be further stoppages and he allowed our corner to be taken.

Archived