12000 Numpties

The Shark

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strachan can stay, Brown can stay, Fletcher can stay even Hutton but I think it's time to ditch the camp Tartan Army for a more partizan bunch that can restore some national pride.

I know it's a big step but less Austrian deer & more Scottish wildcats

This is what you call support:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fdiu8qtb6U

This "12,000 fans sang his name" is incorrect.

I was at the game, not everyone was singing it. But, no-one was booing him because I don't think there's many who are desperate to get rid of him.

Seems to be two camps. The pro-Strachan one, and the "meh, if he stays he stays, if he goes he goes, if he dies he dies" one.

I was there too and agree.

Strachan can stay, Brown can stay, Fletcher can stay even Hutton but I think it's time to ditch the camp Tartan Army for a more partizan bunch that can restore some national pride.

I know it's a big step but less Austrian deer & more Scottish wildcats

This is what you call support:

Doh a deer wasn't sung once in Faro.

Yeah there always seems to be far too much "we'll support you ever more" style rubbish from Scotland fans regardless of results and performance.

I think it takes a particularly sad individual to pay several hundreds pounds to go to Portugal in order to boo and scream abuse at people.

I think it takes a particularly sad individual to pay several hundreds pounds to go to Portugal in order to boo and scream abuse at people.

At the time the money was paid however, it would not have yet been clear that the booing and screaming of abuse was required.

Roy Keane used to have a grumble about Irish fans just being there for the craic and I see where he was coming from.

Now obviously, it's up to individuals how they respond to a campaign, but I don't think I was the only one who found the adulation for Strachan and his team the other night, a bit disturbing as well as baffling.

Yeah there always seems to be far too much "we'll support you ever more" style rubbish from Scotland fans regardless of results and performance.

I'm sure Kenny Miller felt that a couple of years ago when he was getting booed for being picked by Levein. There have been plenty of instances like this - I'm not sure it's all as accepting as it's being made out.

I don't really think that backing Strachan is that terrible a thing. I wouldn't call his time in charge some great success, but It has been better than under the last 2 managers. And it probably saves us from appointing John Hughes. If anything criticism should be made of the SFA, as it has been in the past. Their failure over a very long period is bigger than any manager.

What used to get on my tits, re Scottish support and self-appointment, was the inordinately large number of Clyde fans who made every trip, had made friends in all those strange backward places, and stood applauding/making excuses for each and any calamitous f**k-up involving these minted career-patriots, yet would spit blood and venom at a Clyde centre half on 250 a week for not clearing HIS fucking lines at Palmerston or Victoria Park. I actually rarely went to internationals with other Clyde supporters, but speaking with a lot of them about Scotland issues, they certainly picked what few targets for abuse they had very carefully. Barry Ferguson was a popular one, as were Iain Ferguson and Andy Goram. A common link between the three is obvious, but given two.of them.are among our finest exports in the last thirty years, and let the country down at crucial times no more than anyone else, it smacked of making an.easy target because they weren't 'one of us'.....in some properly fucked up way of thinking. Finding the large majority of the Scottish supporters' club 'cheiftans!!!' very much worse than those, i decided i definitely was not 'one of them'. There's always been a nasty edge with that lot, be it political, social or whatever, but making out you have to 'be one of them' takes the fucking biscuit.

See this "celebrating failure" pish? What exactly were the fans supposed to do, boo the side? Tell WGS to f**k off? Stand/sit there quietly and not try and have a good time?

I was thinking that too. Heard Stuart Cosgrove and that dick, Wullie nae fun Miller, coming out with this on the radio. These fans would have booked before they knew it was going to be a dead rubber. Were they meant to not attend? To shuffle about looking at their shoes and feeling miserable? Or, as most normally adjusted football fans would do, have a few drinks, have a laugh and cheer as the goals fly in?

Didn't know he had been he was right in what he said today though

Yes, he was right.

Cheering as the goals go in is of course fine.

It was a decent performance on Sunday - although it's a difficult thing to gauge - and some applause on the whistle was probably appropriate.

However, the chanting of Strachan's name, the extended photo shoots - that was uncomfortable. As some have pointed out, the fan response was not unanimous, but the vocal one certainly favoured Strachan.

Miller was spot on in pointing out that it all jarred a bit.

Guest Back Post Misses

we ain't getting out the the world cup group for Russia so does it really matter ? anyway only real scottish people back Strachan and the players (his words not mine )

So to be a real scottish person these days you apparently have to be overweight wear an ill fitting scotand top (up to date version optional) a cheap kilt and make a total fool of yourself somewhere in Europe :lol:

Scotland celebrating failure since 1998 :thumsup2

The WC group is easier IMO.

Germany - better than England

Poland - better than Slovakia

Ireland - better than Slovenia

Georgia - better than Lithuania

Gibraltar - worse than Malta but they are rubbish too.

Top 2 should not be out of our reach TBH.

We will win four home games. We will win at least two away. Giving us 18 points. Another couple of draws will get us in a play off at least.

Snodgrass back fit will give us more midfield drive. Need a partner for Hanley at CH. Get Gordon or McGregor back in goal. Get more creativity in the two in front of the CH's and I think we will do ok.

PS The TA give me the boak

We will win four home games. We will win at least two away. Giving us 18 points. Another couple of draws will get us in a play off at least.

Snodgrass back fit will give us more midfield drive. Need a partner for Hanley at CH. Get Gordon or McGregor back in goal. Get more creativity in the two in front of the CH's and I think we will do ok.

Aye right.

aye but the amount of qualifying places aint as generous

Archived