Annan v Queen's Park

May the best team win then pal!

Actually old bean, I think you'll find that should be "May the better team win then pal", but congrats on starting your sentence with a capital, and correct utilisation of the exclamation mark for emphasis, so 9/10............so toodle pip my lowland chum, and c'mon the jolly old Queen's!

May the best team win then pal!

That's a lovely notion but on 3 occasions this season so far we have been the better team, and yet failed to win. I'm not up to speed on the finer points but some of the chaps who sit around me say it's something to do with the team that scores most goals gets to win. It's a harsh sport indeed!!!

8-4 to The QP.

P.S. Gypsys away yet?

Looking forward to this game, seems ages since we were last at Galabank. Let's hope our home form can start matching our away form!

Surely it'll be the same starting 11 as the Arbroath game? We need Smart to pick up a bit of form again.

Going for 2-1 home win

Another 61% possession game with only 3 shots on target. Gus needs a rethink. He was clearly - very audibly clearly - questioning some of his players yesterday. Set pieces and throw-ins are all very samey. It all looks scarily familiar from 3/4 years ago. Passing across the park allowing defences back, ball down the line, cross to one/two in the middle playing against 4/5 defenders. Witness Annan's first goal, slick forward pass onto a striker with a good first touch and early strike. Over in seconds.

Thing of beauty: Joe Bradley, blocked by a dense defence, plays a wonderful 20 metre rebound pass off the bar into Woods standing alone at the back. Genius! Goal of the Season. Probably.

By the way Woodsy, if you're watching, focus on your own game instead of moaning at everyone else. Pretty sure if you had been focussed on your own job at the second goal you could have moved your body quicker and stopped the ball. And I honestly don't think anyone was listening anyway.

FWIW Annan fans; Chapman sounds like a decent coach to me. Always admired the way he's positively at his players. Also, notable lack of players moaning at each other in contrast to the QP group. Pretty lively up front with rapid support from the middle, strong at the back. Looks like a good season ahead.

Archived