Scotland's Campaign - Cold Light of Day

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses

Time to rip Scottish football up.

Get rid of the career duo at the SPFL and Sfa who are only here for their CV.

Get shot of clubs making decisions on how the game is run. An executive board that make the rules and if clubs don't like it f**k off to somewhere else. Self interest has strangled the game.

Four times a season is not and never has worked, dump it now.

Complete revamp of the Nancy boy academy system that has never produced a top top player. By my guesstimate there is a minimum of 2500 kids in the system each year and we are producing vanilla, flair less players. Let the kids play with their mates at school and in their boys clubs. 10 hours a week at the game is not enough.

Coach our coaches

Some sort of quota for non Scottish players at clubs

Under 12 free entry at all Scottish games

Max price on all games

Strictly enforced Budget caps on total pool salaries to try and even the competition

Get back to reserve team football and get shot of under 20 leagues.

Obviously too radical for most some of this but how long do we go on watching the game just die. Like a death by 1000 cuts

Rant over

Claiming the draw was against us is absolute shite. Had we not gained six points from conceivably our main rivals (and may yet still end up topping the 'mini group' between us Poland and Southern Oirland) i could see legitimacy in those wailings. Treating two games against the World champions like glorified friendlies (no pressure, nothing to lose etc....pish) shouldn't be allowed to cover up crap preparation and execution. Ireland hit Germany with a gameplan when the result may have eliminated them. Congratulations to them on not only keeping them out but also hitting them twice late on.....perhaps the like of Robbie Keane, Seamus Coleman and Shane Long aren't as interested in hard-luck loser headlines above their heads in the next days papers as our bunch of amateurs.

There's plenty in this.

I've said in another thread that we've fallen into a trap of expecting the big guns to beat everyone, so we can feel good about two defeats. The reality is though that the top side usually drops points.

There's plenty in this. I've said in another thread that we've fallen into a trap of expecting the big guns to beat everyone, so we can feel good about two defeats. The reality is though that the top side usually drops points.

I fully expect England to win every game in the next campaign. Which, in theory, helps us.

Good International Football Managers don't continually bemoan their luck or rely on it.

Strachan is not a good International Football Manager .

Agreed.

It's become the major theme of Strachan's comments of late and they bear no scrutiny at all.

We've enjoyed just as much good fortune; as we've endured bad. I'd have thought Strachan had the intelligence to see how pathetic it looks, but it appears not to be the case.

Agreed.It's become the major theme of Strachan's comments of late and they bear no scrutiny at all. We've enjoyed just as much good fortune; as we've endured bad. I'd have thought Strachan had the intelligence to see how pathetic it looks, but it appears not to be the case.

Without disagreeing with your overall point I think on balance the bad luck in this campaign has comfortably outweighed the good. However Strachan claiming he cant remember when we last had some good luck is laughable and smacks of deflection.

Guest DAVIDB69

Agreed.It's become the major theme of Strachan's comments of late and they bear no scrutiny at all. We've enjoyed just as much good fortune; as we've endured bad. I'd have thought Strachan had the intelligence to see how pathetic it looks, but it appears not to be the case.

Strachan seems to conveniently forget we have had our share our lucky own goals as well

Without disagreeing with your overall point I think on balance the bad luck in this campaign has comfortably outweighed the good.

How so?

Obviously, there's no science involved in attempting to measure or quantify such things. I would say though, that we really have pretty much broken even in this regard.

I can barely remember what happened at the start of the campaign.

But good luck would be our equaliser against Ireland and our winner against Georgia. I wouldn't say we were lucky against Georgia though as we dominated from start to finish.

The Germany game pretty much evened itself up with deflections.

Bad luck or incompetence: Ireland's goal in Dublin. Was Polands first offside? I've not seen it since the game and obviously the equaliser should of been defended better but was relatively unlucky.

Pretty even tbh but I don't think we received any favours from referees/linesmen this campaign unlike our opposition? (I may be wrong as I can't remember everything right now)

Can you not....but you took issue with my criticism of team approach since Poland away??? Interesting.

Well considering we played two days ago where we played as a team, that's somewhat easier to remember than random instances in games played over a year ago?

Take Gibraltar out the equation and its 9 points from a possible 24 honking by any ones standards and nowhere near good enough. I don't see any coach that would do better than Strachan though, you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear as the saying goes.

This 'I don't see anyone doing better' chat is a load of shite. Strachan is hardly a managerial god. Literally any other international manager could do better. We'll never know until we give some of them a try. Just cause punters on here don't rate managers, doesn't mean they would fail with Scotland. Strachan has already failed.

If he doesn't resign, we have to have confidence that he can get us to a runners-up spot or better. If the feeling is that he can't then he should be thanked for his efforts and moved on.

This 'I don't see anyone doing better' chat is a load of shite. Strachan is hardly a managerial god. Literally any other international manager could do better. We'll never know until we give some of them a try. Just cause punters on here don't rate managers, doesn't mean they would fail with Scotland. Strachan has already failed.

If he doesn't resign, we have to have confidence that he can get us to a runners-up spot or better. If the feeling is that he can't then he should be thanked for his efforts and moved on.

I suppose the issue is it can also get worse. Strachan and this team have given me lots of good memories and performances over this campaign but ultimately weren't good enough.

I think attacking wise we are the best we've really been for years, however defensively we are incredibly naive and give the full backs zero protection.

I can't recall any positive experiences from Levein or Burley's reigns. Although it was much easier not qualifying when we were completely shite.

I suppose the issue is it can also get worse. Strachan and this team have given me lots of good memories and performances over this campaign but ultimately weren't good enough.

I think attacking wise we are the best we've really been for years, however defensively we are incredibly naive and give the full backs zero protection.

I can't recall any positive experiences from Levein or Burley's reigns. Although it was much easier not qualifying when we were completely shite.

Worse than 4th place?

I agree that Strachan's sides look more like teams, but the results aren't there.

Best results he's had were against Croatia when the pressure was off.

Worse than 4th place?

I agree that Strachan's sides look more like teams, but the results aren't there.

Best results he's had were against Croatia when the pressure was off.

I get what you're saying, we aren't going to get any worse than fourth (hopefully) Though the performances can get allot worse.

I don't think it's clear cut that he should lose his job and I don't think he's done too much wrong but ultimately we have failed but personally there's only been one game in this campaign that I've been disappointed with both the result and performance. And obviously the last minute of Thuradays game.

In that we've got skillful, potentially very good AMs starting most games? Aye, I'd agree with that.

But have they been effective enough - not by a long way IMO. We've scored far too few goals, most of which fall into the deflection/own goal category or, ironically, the worldie category (Maloney vs the Irish, the two the other night). While I'll take a goal of any sort all day long, we simply lack the strength and setup to work simple scoring chances.

Guest DAVIDB69

Astonished to find most of strachans media pals and ex players fully behind him.

There is the sound bites about we play better football, everything is relative we play little football.

Dalglish saying it doesn't matter that age of the players is astonishing

Archived