World cup 2018 campaign

Slovakia drawing with the mighty Latvia tonight .

Slovakia beat the world champions and Euro favourites 3-1 AWAY last night to continue a 7 match unbeaten run whilst we struggled to cross the half way line with I believe one shot at goal the whole game.

And we wonder why we're no at the party next month :o

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slovakia beat the world champions and Euro favourites 3-1 AWAY last night to continue a 7 match unbeaten run whilst we struggled to cross the half way line with I believe one shot at goal the whole game. And we wonder why we're no at the party next month :o

And Ireland beat Germany in the last campaign, and we beat Ireland.  Germany have been rotten for a while now (by their own admittedly high standards) and will probably still come close to winning in the Summer.  What we do in a post-season friendly isn't going to have much relevance when we come to the actual games.

Surely Swansea's Stephen Kingley is gonna be considered for centre half,we're vulnerable in that area,he's coming on 22 and is showing great promise. Hopefully Rhodes gets considered too,I'm getting a bit tired of Strachan's inflexibility!!

Surely Swansea's Stephen Kingley is gonna be considered for centre half,we're vulnerable in that area,he's coming on 22 and is showing great promise. Hopefully Rhodes gets considered too,I'm getting a bit tired of Strachan's inflexibility!!

Would be a good option, but if he's going to continue playing as LB every week in the EPL it might be a bit of a bodge.

• 2 weeks later...

So a decent look at Slovakia tonight in a competitive game.  Hamsik is clearly going to tear us to pieces, and Skrtel is going to be a great heel character, but apart from that, there isn't a massive amount to be afraid of.  

Can see the group being a mirror of our Euros group.  England are Germany, Slovakia are Poland and Slovenia are Ireland.  Obviously that will then mean we'll lose in Vilnius and go out.

So a decent look at Slovakia tonight in a competitive game. Hamsik is clearly going to tear us to pieces, and Skrtel is going to be a great heel character, but apart from that, there isn't a massive amount to be afraid of.

Can see the group being a mirror of our Euros group. England are Germany, Slovakia are Poland and Slovenia are Ireland. Obviously that will then mean we'll lose in Vilnius and go out.

Anything less than four points against Slovakia would be abject, judging by this performance against Wales.

Fact is Wales are a much better team than us and have 3 standout players we can only dream of that minute and luckily for Wales it's right down the spine of there team. Slovakia will absolutely roast us in both games as we are so poor.

I have visions of Chris Martin upfront against skertel. He cold play with 1 eye and 1 leg against martin

Anything less than four points against Slovakia would be abject, judging by this performance against Wales.

Agree. They look very very average (which means they'll be a stiff test for us, but not a team we should fear)

Fact is Wales are a much better team than us and have 3 standout players we can only dream of that minute and luckily for Wales it's right down the spine of there team. Slovakia will absolutely roast us in both games as we are so poor.

I have visions of Chris Martin upfront against skertel. He cold play with 1 eye and 1 leg against martin

It's strange how Martin has such a bête noire for certain members of the Scotland support. He hardly ever plays, and on the rare occasions that he does, he's not exactly depriving a host of world-beaters of a place. Scotland's entire squad is poor and the talent pool that the squad is picked from is exceptionally shallow.

I reckon we will do okay against the big three teams teams in the group. Can see us nicking a draw or even a win against England and getting 2-4 points from each of the Slovs. We should also pump Malta.

Can see us fucking it up by dropping points against Lithuania.

I reckon we will do okay against the big three teams teams in the group. Can see us nicking a draw or even a win against England and getting 2-4 points from each of the Slovs. We should also pump Malta.

Can see us fucking it up by dropping points against Lithuania.

You mad? England will horse us. Light years ahead of us. The Slovs? Two points from all four games at most. Malta? Scrape a win in Malta and a 'respectable 'win at home. Lithuania? Win at home, f**k knows over there.

We drew with Poland home and away and I think they're better than either of the Slovs. We took four points off Ireland and I think they're about Slovakia's level and better than Slovenia.

As for England, I just have a feeling we will spring a shock. Can see them pumping us 4-0 at Wembley then turning up overconfident and losing or drawing at Hampden. Similar to what they did when they were drawn against Norn Iron a few years back.

Archived