Scott Brown

Mr Romanov

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He seems to have lost all footballing ability and is now just relying on his embarassing hardman act on the field.

He was never a great footballer though. His best attributes have always been his ability to close down and win the ball back and play a calm pass out of defence.

Hes the typical Scottish footballer. No technical ability, midget who will run like f**k and thinks hes a ticket cause hes not afraid to square up to players.

Bit harsh on him.

I'm no fan of the guy but in the last few years he has strolled it in our top league. He is normally the first to start show boating if Celtic are up 3/4-0.

I wonder if this recurring hip injury is to blame? He looks knackered. Delia said he has only had something like 10 weeks off in the summer over the last 8 seasons or something mental like that.

Lack of motivation probably. How can anyone get motivated playing in the same team as Alan Hutton<?

Alan Hutton is generally one of our better players. You're pretty trolly so I imagine you're just going for the anti-Rangers thing but Hutton is often one of our best attacking outlets. When he goes on a wee run he tends to either get to the byline and get a ball in (quality can vary) or win a free kick in a dangerous position. Defensively he's not the best but I'd like to see us try a 5-3-2 with Hutton and Robertson playing as attacking wing backs so that if they're caught out then we still have defenders in place.

Alan Hutton is generally one of our better players. You're pretty trolly so I imagine you're just going for the anti-Rangers thing but Hutton is often one of our best attacking outlets. When he goes on a wee run he tends to either get to the byline and get a ball in (quality can vary) or win a free kick in a dangerous position. Defensively he's not the best but I'd like to see us try a 5-3-2 with Hutton and Robertson playing as attacking wing backs so that if they're caught out then we still have defenders in place.

Twice yesterday he put in terrific crosses that fletcher should possibly have done better with, he was up and down the line all game and never really got caught out defensively.

I genuinely don't know what the problem is with Hutton, he's so consistent

ETA - he also made the crucial tackle for Fletcher's goal, just when it looked like Poland had a dangerous breakaway opportunity

maybe I'm getting old and jaded but all this huffing and puffing about picking an out of form, slow, useless Celtic captain who can't pass for toffee has provoked a feeling of deja vu in me...

post-12982-0-92834500-1444430711.jpg

One of browns issues is his headless chicken moments, the first german goal he's caught way out of position that muller ends up running into, then lewandowski the other night started his run for the first goal from the gap brown left while the polish boy ran the ball into the same gap

He gets away with mistakes like that in the spfl because the standard isnt as good, at international level he gets found out

I think he still has a role to play as an experienced and senior squad member but his time as our first-choice central midfielder should be over IMO.

Start building the team around McArthur and Morrison for the time being, and hopefully Armstrong develops into a top player.

What ever happened to Bridcutt? Always liked the look of him any time I've seen him play.

I expect he'll call it a day after tonight. He seems to have been struggling with recurring injuries for a number of years now and has never had much time to recover as Celtic have pumped him with painkilling injections rather than giving him an extended period of rest. It looks to be catching up with him now, his European and international performances have been poor this season.

International breaks will prove to be increasingly valuable recovery time for him, while we can replace him like for like with the superior James McArthur. Good for both parties.

He's been "rubbish" for at least a season now. Hopefully he'll be dropped for the next campaign. McArthur is a significantly better player anyway.

Arrant nonsense. He was excellent last season for Celtic and has turned in some impressive performances for Scotland too this campaign. His form has certainly tailed off of late but James McArthur has done absolutely nothing to suggest he is a better player than Scott Brown. Not a damn thing. He can't displace Charlie Mulgrew from the Scotland side nevermind Scott Brown ffs.

Wait, that's right, he plays in the Premier League. He's brilliant.

Arrant nonsense. He was excellent last season for Celtic and has turned in some impressive performances for Scotland too this campaign. His form has certainly tailed off of late but James McArthur has done absolutely nothing to suggest he is a better player than Scott Brown. Not a damn thing. He can't displace Charlie Mulgrew from the Scotland side nevermind Scott Brown ffs.

He does very well for one of the form sides in the Premier League. He was also one of our best players against Germany. Brown and Mulgrew were a good central midfield pairing for a while but they haven't been played there since Ireland at home IIRC.

Brown is certainly good enough to be selected for Scotland. The issue for me is him being made captain and a permanent selection despite playing in a pub league and turning out some poor performances. Let him earn his place and encourage some competition for places as we have a few decent players in that area.

McArthur has been outstanding for Palace this season. He also had a good game against Germany, where he scored a fine goal.

He's far better than Scott Brown. I hope that walloper never wears a Scotland jersey again.

Archived