Unluckiest Football Nation in world.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utter w**k min, utter utter w**k.

Most P&Bers (I exclude myself) were in a frenzy to get drawn with RoI..........and...............most were quite happy with Poland. So stick that excuse up your pathetic "we was unlucks/robbed" anus and swivel, fucknut.

Most are also batshit mental tbf. Look at the qualifying records of the 3 above us for the last 20 years. We got a tough draw. We also fucked it up, especially tonight and away to georgia.

Most P&Bers (I exclude myself) were in a frenzy to get drawn with RoI..........and...............most were quite happy with Poland.

Fair.

Start of most campaigns - "great draw, could have been a lot tougher, great chance of qualifying here".

End of most campaigns - "terrible draw, could barely have been harder, we were always up against it".

Most are also batshit mental tbf. Look at the qualifying records of the 3 above us for the last 20 years. We got a tough draw. We also fucked it up, especially tonight and away to georgia.

Wales ni n iceland had far worse but qualify without even bothering with play offs n their squads are jam packed with 'failed in every previous campaign ' duds.....

Which young players should be playing but aren't? The 'blood the youngsters' line is fine when there's superb youngsters waiting for a chance, but there isn't. It's also fine when you are in club football and have a chance to develop a team over a season or seasons - international football doesn't provide that opportunity.

I didn't say there are any, but do you not think someone like McCarthur should be given a better chance before he is 28 years old? This is very standard stuff with Scotland no matter who the manager is, old squad and failure.

We might as well try and change it, if the worst happens we still have failure..

Unlucky my fucking c**t. There are multiple teams who are worse footballing sides than us Northern Ireland,Republic Ireland,Iceland fucking Wales. Are all in with a shout of qualifying. It's all down to having the bottle to win. We have become a nation of losers for whatever reason we have no fucking bottle

Remind me the Iceland manager again ?

Was he overlooked or just typical us fcuk up after fcuk up.

I don't think it's a case of just picking players based on their name or 'status', I think these professional football managers - who have a wealth of experience in coaching and judging professional football players - genuinely pick who they think is best for the job. In fact, their job and reputation tends to depend on it. I'm all for trying to bring youth through but I imagine it can be quite a daunting thing to play Germany in front of 50,000 fans and represent your country. A lot of youngsters don't give a f**k and are supremely confident (Rooney in 2004 comes to mind) but the vast majority will find that very difficult and there's a lot to be said for experience and composure in those sorts of situations. I just think the problem is our players really aren't very good. If we had an exceptional manager who could work with them on a psychological and tactical level in some unique and special way and get 100% out of them then we'd have a very good chance of qualifying; as it stands I think we've just got to accept that in the grand scheme of things our players aren't very good and the potential managers for the job really aren't much better.

It's thoroughly ridiculous that this notion of us being criminally unlucky in this campaign has gained some sort of hold.

It's pathetic that Strachan is clinging to it and worse that people are swallowing it.

The reality is that we've actually ridden our luck. We've benefited from three own goals, a huge slice of luck for a country that finds goals hard to come by. Even Gibraltar had the decency to gift us a couple of unnecessary penalties when it was looking a bit uncomfortable.

Lamenting our luck in this tournament is utterly, utterly bonkers and a bit embarrassing.

A few folk missing the point of this thread further than a Thomas Muller tap-in.

Of course being shit has played a huge part in our failures over the years - it doesn't take rocket surgery to work that one out - but we have seen our fair share of you couldn't-make-it-up 'scunnerers' over the years, off the top of my head I'm thinking Patrick Kluivert scoring against England, late Italian 'non free-kicks', Geoff Hurst's second against West Germany ...

It's a long list and it defies the odds but please follow up with more posts saying we're just shit.

Glorious Failure???????

Sick of it as an excuse

We simply have a bunch of deluded morons who think they are brilliant players we have a management structure full of club managers who were fired from their clubs cause they could not do the job and we have an SFA full of cronies who only care about the perks

I mean - who is the Elite Performance Director- have you seen Brian McClair being interviewed recently he looks like a fuckin tink - he does not exude confidence

It's simple as this - we are delusional we always think this is the one we must now face fact that we are the worst of home nations and we must have the guts to say to some players and management that they simply are not good enough to play for this country any more

I fear however the SFA suits will simply say ah well we tried but let's give them one more chance

I say f**k that they have had their chance

A few folk missing the point of this thread further than a Thomas Muller tap-in.

Of course being shit has played a huge part in our failures over the years - it doesn't take rocket surgery to work that one out - but we have seen our fair share of you couldn't-make-it-up 'scunnerers' over the years, off the top of my head I'm thinking Patrick Kluivert scoring against England, late Italian 'non free-kicks', Geoff Hurst's second against West Germany ...

It's a long list and it defies the odds but please follow up with more posts saying we're just shit.

The vast majority of teams in the world could rhyme off lists like that, I'm sure.

We might not be very good but I still wish we got a skoosh of a group like NI or Wales. This was a c**t of a group but even then we've underachieved in it.

Archived