Next Scotland manager

~~~

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duncan, YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!!

The Scotland job ISN'T a job for someone with no managerial experience at all, that is just a disaster waiting to happen ffs!!

So, from this thread, it looks like only Bob Bradley and Lotthar Matthaus are the ONLY REALISTIC foreigner worthy of a mention, as has been said, Lars will retire at end of Euros.

I would really want a Scot and apart from Joe Jordan, there are no realistic options unless Kenny Dalglish fancies the job but I suspect he won't!

So, as Pat Nevin says "we need to plead with Gordon not to resign".

So Joe Jordan is only Scot with Bob Bradley and Lotthar Matthaus only realistic foreigners but expect Billy Davies, Owen Coyle, Dan Petrescu and Graeme Souness to get touted maybe Steve Clarke too.

Duncan Ferguson turned his back on Scotland, he should never be allowed near the national team

Reckon Big Dunc turned his back on Scotland believing the SFA had turned its back on him? It was tongue in cheek, my apologies.

This threads horrendous reading, Joe Jordan FFS, worryingly hes the favourite at the bookies. Their odds are pretty dire reading too, as you're looking at Alan Irvine as the best mentioned

Duncan, YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!!

The Scotland job ISN'T a job for someone with no managerial experience at all, that is just a disaster waiting to happen ffs!!

So, from this thread, it looks like only Bob Bradley and Lotthar Matthaus are the ONLY REALISTIC foreigner worthy of a mention, as has been said, Lars will retire at end of Euros.

I would really want a Scot and apart from Joe Jordan, there are no realistic options unless Kenny Dalglish fancies the job but I suspect he won't!

So, as Pat Nevin says "we need to plead with Gordon not to resign".

So Joe Jordan is only Scot with Bob Bradley and Lotthar Matthaus only realistic foreigners but expect Billy Davies, Owen Coyle, Dan Petrescu and Graeme Souness to get touted maybe Steve Clarke too.

Why would Matthaus want to manage us and be in any way realistic? Can't believe some of the pish on this thread.

Looking at the out of work Scottish managers is the clearest sign possible that if Strachan does go, a foreign manager is the way forward. When people are talking about Alan Irvine, Joe Jordan and Graeme fucking Souness as potential Scotland managers you know we're absolutely fucked if the SFA are refusing to consider foreign managers again.

It's clear from this thread that if he does go, and we don't go foreign, then we're fucked. There are no realistic Scottish options that would improve us. To be honest I don't think there's any realistic foreign options either. We need someone who has a proven track record of international management, absolutely no question about that. I'd give Lagerback whatever he wanted not to retire personally. Up to and including Edinburgh Castle

Archived