East of Scotland select

Surely someone in the EOS committee has to question the selection? No border players and even Burntisland Shipyard and Tynecastle have not been quoted and from what a seen from them last year had a few decent midfielders in their teams? Even Peebles who won the league and league cups don't have anyone.

Hope the select team do well but its only fair every team gets a fair crack at the whip with player selection. Unfortunately theres too much of the 'old pals act' in Scottish football.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think the amateur select played East Kilbride a few weeks ago and lost four nil. Be interesting to see how a select side from the tier below EK get on.

It's hardly an eos select though SN there are several players mentioned on here worthy of a place ?

It's hardly an eos select though SN there are several players mentioned on here worthy of a place ?

It is though. If I played for the amateurs would I be thinking about the players not named if i won? Not at all.

They are representing the east of scotland league and will be judged ( by those not involved in eos ) as being representative of the best players in that league.

From top of my head and IMO :

Duns : a would have at least Des chisholm and big dougie brydon there.

Eyemouth : The wee lad in midfield for them, cant remember his name but a cracking player.

Hawick : cant comment as a have not seen them this year but seem to be doing really well so they are bound to have some good players.

Coldstream : Big lad crawford and the boy at the back that has the white grey hair?

Peebles : the two centre half and the keeper.

Thats a few players that have stood out for me but like a said its my opinion.

Since you were at Kelso tynie who was the young centre half? Tallish lad really good player where did he go to?

He's at Gala as far as i'm aware him and the left back Jack Logan, Ben has been training with Berwick development squad aswell. Good player and only 18 I think.

It is though. If I played for the amateurs would I be thinking about the players not named if i won? Not at all.

They are representing the east of scotland league and will be judged ( by those not involved in eos ) as being representative of the best players in that league.

So ye make up a select team from the toonies.....

I'm certain there other players no even quoted that are worthy of a place in an eos select.

From top of my head and IMO :

Duns : a would have at least Des chisholm and big dougie brydon there.

Eyemouth : The wee lad in midfield for them, cant remember his name but a cracking player.

Hawick : cant comment as a have not seen them this year but seem to be doing really well so they are bound to have some good players.

Coldstream : Big lad crawford and the boy at the back that has the white grey hair?

Peebles : the two centre half and the keeper.

Thats a few players that have stood out for me but like a said its my opinion.

Since you were at Kelso tynie who was the young centre half? Tallish lad really good player where did he go to?

So ye make up a select team from the toonies..... I'm certain there other players no even quoted that are worthy of a place in an eos select.

That's my point. We can sit here and debate that it's not representative of the quality ( and breadth of talent) on the EoS, BUT observers will watch that and assume that it is. Just as they'll assume that the players making up the amateurs team are the pick of that grade.

Simple solution.

When Mervyn Jones was select manager there was a match at Hawick between a Borders select vs Edinburgh select and from that game the squad was picked.

Something similar used to firm the basis of the scottish semi pro squad selection process. Highland league select v eos select. Obv a few exceptions to selection etc but it formed the main focus of having such a squad. Just don't see the point now. Some will say it raises the profile- and it would if it was the best players- but as its a much weaker side than it should be it serves no point IMO.

Archived