Ross McCormack

BAWS

WTF does he have to do to be in the squad?!

One of our most technically gifted players who can score goals... can play straight up top or can play behind the striker (CAM, CF)

Has always produced in a Scotland shirt. Has he offended Strachan in some way? or does Strachan honestly rate Fletcher and Griffiths higher?

Ridiculous he doesn't get a look in.

If he's that good why has he been a Championship player most of his career?

Fletcher's been bought for a combined total of 21 million from 3 different top flight clubs whilst McCormack played for Leeds.

McCormack was banging them in for Leeds a couple of seasons ago & most assists in the Championship and still hardly got a game. Ran the show for Leeds at centre mid at one point too.

Maybe it is a personal thing between him and GS because he is a fantastic player.

I think his problem is he's not really a number 9. I see him more as a Rooney type who'd be better playing in behind a striker. We seem to have plenty of players like that though.

I think he's just not very good. Sulking about not getting called up doesn't help his cause either.

That said, if it was between him and the Thumb, I'd go with McCormack every day of the week.

I can't imagine there's much between those two. Quite clearly we need to be looking down the ancestral route with centre halves and strikers.

He has been called up a few times and always seems to go in the huff that he isn't playing. He's nowhere near good enough to have that sort of attitude, and I don't really think we're missing anything by selecting one bang average Championship level striker over another.

He has been called up a few times and always seems to go in the huff that he isn't playing. He's nowhere near good enough to have that sort of attitude, and I don't really think we're missing anything by selecting one bang average Championship level striker over another.

tbf, a 'bang average championship striker' would be - by my reckoning - a guy who gets around 10 goals a season. McCormack is much better than that. You could argue that his transfer fee indicates that he's one of - if not the - best striker in that league.

He was the best player in the division when he was top of the scoring and assist charts, then he signed for Fulham for that huge fee when they were relegated.

Was surprised at the time when he signed for them, I thought he would have got a top flight gig. Maybe he thought Fulham would bounce straight back up.

Probably should have got more caps but he's not the saviour.

tbf, a 'bang average championship striker' would be - by my reckoning - a guy who gets around 10 goals a season. McCormack is much better than that. You could argue that his transfer fee indicates that he's one of - if not the - best striker in that league.

He's a bang average player, who plays at the Championship level.

My frustration is that McCormack should've been a useful player for us over the last 6 or 7 years. He's been available and in good enough (often excellent) form over most of that period. He's better than many of the players that have been picked ahead of him in that time.

:lol:

I think he's just not very good. Sulking about not getting called up doesn't help his cause either.

That said, if it was between him and the Thumb, I'd go with McCormack every day of the week.

I can't imagine there's much between those two. Quite clearly we need to be looking down the ancestral route with centre halves and strikers.

Yikes.

Archived