New book about Gretna

antonhodge

Hello everyone. Apologies if I'm breaking any rules with this post, but I just wanted to let you know that my new book, which details the rise, fall and then the rebirth of football in Gretna has just been published. It tells the story of Gretna FC from 1946, the years playing in England and then of course the dramatic story of Gretna's short life in the SFL and SPL which ended in tragedy in 2008. It then sets out how we formed Gretna FC 2008 and managed to get our ground back. I was chairman of the new club in its first year, but I wrote the book hoping to find out a bit more about what went wrong with the old one and why it self-combusted so spectacularly.

As well as wanting to tell what was essentially just a great story, I also wanted to pay tribute to all of those who have been involved in the club, from those who built Raydale in 1946, others who were there right through the Mileson era and of course to those who have kept the new club going (my involvement ceased when I relocated through work in 2010).

Proceeds from the book will go to the club and there is more info at

http://www.chequeredflagpublishing.co.uk/en-gb/products/ibaw

http://antonhodge.co.uk/in-black-white/

Thank you

post-64521-0-76711300-1443977143.jpg

Is it one of those Hoolie books? They used to be quite popular a few years back. My mate ghost wrote a couple of Man City ones but by the time they came out most had fallen off the bandwagon. Sully the football thug who didn't give a f**k, was the last one he collab'd on.

Grimbo

I have already read this on my Kindle. I would definitely recommend this to all. It is fascinating and a warning at the same time.

I didn't think it was that great he wrote most of it whilst in prison & my mate made it more palatable & readable.

Oh you mean the Gretna tome eh?

Grimbo

Archived