Queens v Morton

1st game of the second Quarter and we are 3 points behind where we really needed to be after first quarter.

The manager must now start with a team with pace & energy in this must win match and take the game to Morton.

With Lyle going off with a possible injury its time for a fresh start.

Starting 11 for me would be

Thomson

Kidd Dowie Higgins Marshall

Harris Hutton Millar Russell

Oliver Smith

Subs Coogans Heffernan Jacobs Conroy Hooper Moxen Atkinson.

Brownlie moved to watch from stand along with the injured Tapping,Hilson.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least we now know why this fixture was switched from Boxing Day - our donkeys will need at rest after all their nativity work.

Old jokes aside, I think if our target was ever anything else it is now staying up. Fowler appears to have admitted as much by playing a defender up front against Hibs.

Since 8 August, Morton have scored the same number of goals at Palmerston as we have.

Two close games between Morton and Queens so far with Morton having the edge. Wonder if Queens will be better prepared this time. Morton are average at the back, strong in midfield but not creating or putting away enough upfront. Queens looked OK generally at the back (ogs notwithstanding) but pretty mediocre elsewhere. We really need to get something from this game to get the show back on the road after two defeats.

At least we now know why this fixture was switched from Boxing Day - our donkeys will need at rest after all their nativity work.

Old jokes aside, I think if our target was ever anything else it is now staying up. Fowler appears to have admitted as much by playing a defender up front against Hibs.

Since 8 August, Morton have scored the same number of goals at Palmerston as we have.

:lol:

I was an advocate of the switch to a back three in the hope it would bring the best out of certain players, but it hasn't worked. So I'd go back to basics for this one and bin some of the wasters.

Thomson

Hooper Dowie Higgins Marshall

Harris Hutton Jacobs Russell

Lyle Oliver

1st game of the second Quarter and we are 3 points behind where we really needed to be after first quarter.

The manager must now start with a team with pace & energy in this must win match and take the game to Morton.

With Lyle going off with a possible injury its time for a fresh start.

Starting 11 for me would be

Thomson

Kidd Dowie Higgins Marshall

Harris Hutton Millar Russell

Oliver Smith

Subs Coogans Heffernan Jacobs Conroy Hooper Moxen Atkinson.

Brownlie moved to watch from stand along with the injured Tapping,Hilson.

Thats the team I had in mind too. However, on reflection it has one major issue - lack of height. I think we would seriously struggle to defend set pieces.

I dont mind sticking with a back 3, but if we do it has to be Kidd and Marshall out wide. And, we have to have some pace up front, in either Smith or Russell. I'd also start Oliver instead of Lyle, with Millar behind them and Jacobs and Hutton sitting deeper.

Gaston;

Kilday, O'Ware, Lamie, Russell;

Barr, Forbes, Tidser, McCluskey;

Johnstone, Samuel.

Lamie coming in for Pepper with Kilday going back out to full back. Luca should be available for this but can't see O'Ware being dropped after playing well and scoring on Saturday.

Miller should be dropped to accommodate Tidser & Forbes in the middle of the park. Two very important players that have to be on the pitch in their natural positions.

Peaso just isn't himself anymore, Samuel needs to start. He comes on and causes defences problems all the time, we need him on from the start.

Forbes and Tidser as a midfield 2 would be great technically but defensively not strong enough to sit infront of a already dodgy defence. Not a fan of Miller but he can at least put tackles in.

Gaston

Kilday Gasparotto Lamie Russell

Barr Tidser Miller McCluskey

Johnstone Samuel

The other option would be playing a narrow 3 in midfield of Tidser Miller and Forbes and push Barr and Samuel on the wings to support Denny.

The decision to shoehorn in another game before our seventh away match of the campaign the following week looks inspired; confidence couldn't be higher after Saturday's late capitulation. Both teams need a win to break their recent slump - a draw wouldn't be a bad result for us either.

Fail to win yet another home fixture and the manager will be under pressure from the board .

This seasons performances , falling crowds added to our terrible home record will eventually leave the directors with no option but to replace him IMO .

Don't want Fowler sacked but it might just happen soon if things don't change on the pitch

I'm not as optimistic about this game as I was about the last one.

We've had two confidence-sapping defeats in the last eight days, and on Saturday lost goals right at the death of each half. Plus if Queens have both ex-'ton guys, Lyle and Russell, back then it's a stick-on that at least one of them will score against us, and we aren't exactly a free-scoring team at the moment.

I'll be reasonably happy with a draw from this game. It would be our fifth of the season, and we really need to start getting wins instead of draws - and improving on our goalscoring; only Alloa, Dimbarton and Livi have scored less goals than Morton and Queens in this league.......

Looking forward to heading down to this one, Palmerston being 1 or 10 grounds i havent visited in scotland, hope we can get the win like we did in the cup but can see another draw to be honest, is Gasperatto back for us?

His last game for Canada is Tuesday so hopefully he'll get back in time to be involved from the start.

Archived