Peterhead v Forfar

Battle of the 2 longest serving managers in Scotland should be an interesting affair to see who comes out on top. If Peterhead play to their potential then they have the players to get a welcome 3 points but any slackness in defence will surely be punished by Forfar. Might go for a score draw.

The thing is, are we looking at Cowdenbeath part 3? As I have pointed out already, we have no striker whatsoever as is shown by goals being scored by a full back, but if we click we can win this one. Here's hoping. And, yes I am going.

Still no win for me.

Very disappointed that those having a poor run still start the game, favourites or is it those on biggest wages?

Going to watch us doesn't fill me with any excitement, watching us isn't exciting. c'mon McInally, drop those that are playing crap, there is better on the bench.

I heard more encouragement from the kids in the opposite stand than from the dug out!!!!

Cracking 2nd goal for Forfar.

Two very poor teams on show today with the ball being in danger of being replaced as it was booted up and down the park with no real purpose. The only highlight was a screamer of a goal from Forfar's Campbell to lift the gloom. The standard wasn't helped by a very poor showing by the ref who looked way out his depth and his inability to recognise the difference between a foul and fair play infuriated both benches.

I agree with Cabbage that some players are there on reputation alone and need time on the bench to see if that improves our form. We really are like watching paint dry - the only problem being that our paint pot is leaking quite badly.​

Good place to ask a question to both sets of fans:

Forfar fans - Andy Black, how is he? He going to be able to break into the Dundee squad in the future? What position does he play for you?

Peterhead fans - Cammy Kerr, how is he? Will he be able to battle out for a first team start by the end of this season? Really getting to the make or break point with him.

Forfar fans - Andy Black, how is he? He going to be able to break into the Dundee squad in the future? What position does he play for you?

Peterhead fans - Cammy Kerr, how is he? Will he be able to battle out for a first team start by the end of this season? Really getting to the make or break point with him.

Cammy Kerr is our best player. Works really hard, not afraid to mix it up and makes really good runs down the wing.

Hope he doesn't make it to your first team (for selfish reasons). Would be surprised if we can keep him past January.

Andy played his first game for Forfar at right back, but has since played holding, central and right mid. IMO he's not ready to walk into Dundee's team just now. His second half showing against Brechin at holding midfield was really impressive. I also thought he was our hardest working midfielder in a very poor first half today. He seems most comfortable when other players around him are playing the ball on the ground. 1st half today, the ball was in the air constantly but he still battled all over the midfield. I like him as a player but think that he could still do with another season of first team games at a lower league before he could push for a Dundee start. (Maybe Championship next season or after the Forfar loan expires in January)

Cammy Kerr looked very composed at right back for Peterhead today. Apart from a couple of loose passes, he hardly put a foot wrong. Same as other youngsters, could do with building himself up a bit but like Andy, a really good prospect for Dundee.

Match report from a supporter who at least had the balls to go to the game. The first half was awful. No argument about that. The second half was much better, with a lot of probing balls from the mid field, but exactly the same as last week, and the week before etc etc.... NO FECKIN STRIKER!!!!

The fact that the goal was scored bt a full back - yet again - speaks for itself. Swankie played his socks off, as did foxy, but they are feeders, not goalscorers! However, a point from Peterhead is no bad thing so we'll leave it at that.

Second half much better with the ball played on the deck. Good to see beaky back at right back. Kerr hay impressed again defenders can't handle him as was shown with the rugby tackles he was revieving. Only one team wanted the final whistle at the end and it wasn't Forfar

Our two tactics appear to be lumping it to Rory or lining up half the team on the opposition penalty box and passing it back and forward til they break and score. No creativity from the midfield at all, can't remember the last time I saw a player get to the corner and out a cross in.

Eta Cammy is a cracking player and we will struggle to replace him if he goes.

Hows young Gilchrist getting on at Peterhead? Heard hes been fairly solid?

I thought he was looking good up until a couple of weeks ago but now not so sure. We are playing so poorly all over the park at the moment that it's tough to single out anyone.

Archived