Old Firm Leaving Again

Here we go again. The old firm rattling their begging bowls and flashing the punders at england. "You need us, we're great!"

The ultimate irony this week was wee Desmond stating that Scottish football "needs a strong old firm" then drones on about leaving Scottish football!

I reckon its time that the chairmen of the diddy clubs grew a set of balls and called their bluff. The old firm are effectively saying that they will definitely leave as soon as possible without any consideration for our game - they should be sidelined right now. If they're gonna go, go now.

How much lower can our game get? We cant survive without the ugly sisters? Well they're leaving anyway. Leave now and let us all get on with it.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34417034?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colt teams next up on the "don't talk about how shite we are" sellick-sevco hitlist.

Happy for them to be given the opportunity to leave but it would mean actually leaving. Moving their sordid enterprises lock, stock, barrel and brick by brick out of Scotland. To somewhere like Anglesey or Craggy island so they can be nearer their core support and miles away from us. Minks.

I can't believe this pish has been trotted out when it's not an international break - it's a staple story when there's nothing to write about and it looks like the hacks have shot their bolt a week early. Every time this is brought up it becomes funnier as the chances of this happening have receded to the point where it is reaching self parody. Celtic are now a hugely diminished club since their "peak" under MArtin O'Neill when their overspending reached its nadir and Rangers should maybe concentrate on beating a Scottish Premier team before they talk themselves up for a move to a higher level.

The thing that bugs me most about talk of European leagues and moves to the EPL is that there is no sporting merit involved - it seems to be an accepted idea that the biggest clubs in commercial terms are the ones that should be in these structures. Just as I can't be arsed with watching the Champions League these days as the same "approved" clubs get to the latter stages for the 20th time in a row, a european league that is based on invitation/the value of a country's TV market holds zero interest to me.

Swello you're spot on.

It's all pish and Celtic and Rangers can have it. The sooner they leave the better. I don't care where they go just as long as they take their fans with them.

The ECL is a an elitist competition for only clubs in England, Spain and Germany with a dash of France and Italy to play in. Fcuk the rest of us.

The last club outside those countries to actually win it was Porto over 10 years ago with Jose. It's a joke.

The general point that football leagues won't necessarily be based on national associations in the near future seems sound; if Catalonia declared independence and Barcelona were left in a Catalan league, it would take about 0.4 seconds for a new Super League format to be pressed through. More time needed under less extreme circumstances.

The specific point about this leading to the bigots joining the English league is of course delusional nonsense. The 20+ promotion challenging English clubs have absolutely nothing to gain by adding two shit, bigoted embarrassments to the mix. The only way in which the bigots could play in an English league would be once the Champions League level sides have already swanned off to play in a European league, leaving the Bigots box-office matches against Stoke and Leicester.

Archived