Airdrieonians vs Stranraer

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feeling fairly confident about this one, Airdrie haven't conceded more than two goals in any league game this season and stranraer haven't scored more than two in any league, so on that basis I'm thinking 3-0 Airdrie, Morgan, Hunter first half goals and Jamie Bain with a 30 yard overhead kick for the third

Missing this due to a prior commitment, unfortunate as I'd like to see more of how this outfit is managing to grind out results with obvious limitations.

That said, the quality of this league is appalling and we've some proven journeymen at this level.

Whilst we've seemingly improved, Stranraer seem to have fallen off a cliff in terms of quality. For the first time this season, I'll predict a comfortable Airdrie win. ( Cue a 10-0 pumping ).

Where have all the Stranraer fans gone? I seem to remember there being quite a few on here last season....

I think us Stranraer fans are a wee bit apprehensive about games at the moment and we take each game as it comes.As for today I don't like plastic pitches,to me all games should be on grass but it is what is and after a confidence booster at Station pk last week hopefully we will put up a good show,diamond fans seem very confident,we'll see.

The fact Stranraer's goalkeeper was awarded man of the match tells it all, really. Airdrie had a penalty and at least four clear cut chances to take the match away from the visitors, but fair play to them, they took their chances.

Still not convinced by the "Academy" mantra, and how it will affect results on the pitch. It's all well and good saying "we want to produce 50% of our players through the academy", but will it be to the detriment of the first team?

The fact Stranraer's goalkeeper was awarded man of the match tells it all, really. Airdrie had a penalty and at least four clear cut chances to take the match away from the visitors, but fair play to them, they took their chances.

Still not convinced by the "Academy" mantra, and how it will affect results on the pitch. It's all well and good saying "we want to produce 50% of our players through the academy", but will it be to the detriment of the first team?

Match report states Stranraer had majority of play, and most shots on target, don't sound like the game you were watching.

Archived