Jackson Irvine or Ryan Christie?

Really interested to get the view of the neutrals here (although County and Caley fans can of course chip in their wisdom)- who would you rather have in your team?

Jackson Irvine

Recently left Celtic

Extremely high stamina

Excellent tackler - in any given highlights package he's the one intercepting or dispossessing for County

Decent shot and heading ability (man bun notwithstanding)

Can pick a pass, and is developing a great understanding with Liam Boyce

Eye lashes like a camel

Ryan Christie

Recently joined Celtic

Very fit player, never see him out of puff

Not the most physically imposing, but not feart to put himself about (see Dons game)

Technically very very gifted - got a great finish and great vision - in any given highlights package, he is the one setting up and/or scoring.

Can pick a pass, and is developing a great understanding with Miles Storey

Has youthful good looks - much like Jackie McNamara he'll probably look 14 until he's in his 60s.

When either of these players are on form, they make all the difference, and both teams would immediately be much weaker for their absence, but who would you rather have in your team?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely different players.

Personally Id rather have Christie, simply as we have nobody that creative in the team outwith Wotherspoon, who's a bit patchy. We've also got Murray Davidson, and Jackson Irvines just a cheap rip off of Muzz

Indeed they are quite different players, however the question of who would you rather have remains valid!

As a County fan I have a degree of bias to some extent, but I do take exception to the notion that Irvine is a headless chicken/ horse/ Scott Brown type player - he's actually much more creative than he gets credit for.

Although he's not got quite the touch and skill that Christie does, the rest of his game makes up for this.

In a way I'm disappointed that Christie won't be playing on Saturday, so that we could see them playing against each other.

In an other, and much bigger way, I'm obviously happy that Christie's not playing this one...

Think you'll struggle to find anyone who doesn't support county say anything other than Christie tbh.

Pretty much just about what i was gonna post.

Irvine is a decent player certainly but Christie has real talent. Whether he succeeds at septic is a different question, its an opportunity that may only occur once so can't blame him for signing for them.

I think they would complement each other perfectly. Christie has great vision and has fantastic range of passing. Irvine drives with the ball and links players in more direct way. Christie is more likely to win you a game but Irvine is more likely to help you maintain a lead in the game.

I don't think Christie would benefit from the way County play, however it fits Irvine perfectly.

Archived