Greenock Morton vs Perth St. Johnstone

jamamafegan

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cummins, MacLean and O'Halloran all come off early for us. While Easton and Mackay played a half each, Craig only played twenty odd minutes and Wotherspoon was out completely. Safe to say we priotised this fixture.

We're going to get a complete pumping on Tuesday night.

I wouldn't necessarily think that after the Motherwell game - I doubt we were actually any better a side then than now. If Samuel is out then that's a huge blow for this type of match though. Saint Johnstone also aren't being managed by a bumbling Walter Mitty figure who'd drop key players to prove a point here, so it's clearly going to be difficult.

A scrappy 0-2 defeat IMO.

I don't expect us to play our strongest side because Duffy doesn't have a clue what it is, but I'd be astonished if he fielded a 'weakened' team ie if dross like McKee starts. It's one result from a cup semi-final - likely his only chance of achieving something genuinely notable in the job.

Yeah, it does look like he's mixing the pack this week rather than deliberately weakening the team on Tuesday. Just don't be too surprised if McKee starts though.

Interesting to see what TW does. Normally we approach lower league opposition with the correct attitude . Got to imagine he will go with Anderson and scobbie ( if Mackay suspended). Easton will come back in at left back and shaughnessy plays right back. Liam has surely earned himself a recall to the first team in place of lappin. Would also expect Witherspoon to come in for Fisher ( who is not allowed to play in cup games). Cummins and MacLean up top.

Interesting to see what TW does. Normally we approach lower league opposition with the correct attitude . Got to imagine he will go with Anderson and scobbie ( if Mackay suspended). Easton will come back in at left back and shaughnessy plays right back. Liam has surely earned himself a recall to the first team in place of lappin. Would also expect Witherspoon to come in for Fisher ( who is not allowed to play in cup games). Cummins and MacLean up top.

What was the deal with Spoony missing yesterday?

Was Mackay's red a straight red?

Yeah obviously have to wait until the YouTube highlights are up to see it again, but I'd imagine we'll appeal it. No idea if that'll all be done in time for this game though

Mannus

Shaughnessy - Anderson - Scobbie - Easton

Muzz - Craig

O'Halloran - Wotherspoon - Cummins

MacLean

If he doesnt. If Spoony cant make it then Lappin will likely play beside Muzz with Craig pushed forward.

Yeah obviously have to wait until the YouTube highlights are up to see it again, but I'd imagine we'll appeal it. No idea if that'll all be done in time for this game though

Mannus

Shaughnessy - Anderson - Scobbie - Easton

Muzz - Craig

O'Halloran - Wotherspoon - Cummins

MacLean

If he doesnt. If Spoony cant make it then Lappin will likely play beside Muzz with Craig pushed forward.

Given that Tommy has said he can understand why the ref showed red I'd be surprised if we appealed it. If however we do appeal it, Dave will be available to play until the appeal is heard. It's very unlikely to be heard before this game so he would be able to play.

Given that Tommy has said he can understand why the ref showed red I'd be surprised if we appealed it. If however we do appeal it, Dave will be available to play until the appeal is heard. It's very unlikely to be heard before this game so he would be able to play.

Did he not say he thought it was yellow at worst?

Wonder if it would be worth the bother, you get fined now if you fail the appeal, and the prospective backline without him still looks strong enough.

Did he not say he thought it was yellow at worst?

Wonder if it would be worth the bother, you get fined now if you fail the appeal, and the prospective backline without him still looks strong enough.

He said he could understand the decision but he felt a yellow would have been fairer. I doubt we'd win any appeal and as you say the defence should be okay without him for the Morton game. It might also benefit Dave to have a wee rest. Other than that, I reckon Tommy will play his strongest team - he always has in Cup games before.

Yeah his attitude to yesterdays game in terms of line up then subs suggests he sees this as being more important, which is brilliant tbh, another cup run would be perfect.

Looking forward to the game, can't see past a St Johnstone win though if Duffy continues to use his selection lottery. Early Saints goal to knock the wind out of everyone, then a 73rd minute one, just to make sure.

Looking forward to the game, can't see past a St Johnstone win though if Duffy continues to use his selection lottery. Early Saints goal to knock the wind out of everyone, then a 73rd minute one, just to make sure.

if we score an early goal I would not be shocked to see us get 3 or 4 more. We seem a completely different animal this year going forward.

Archived