Greenock Morton vs Perth St. Johnstone

jamamafegan

This post was brought to you by the Inverclyde Tourism Board

Joking apart, ive been on a few big enginnering jobs over the years and the lads from the Port and Greenock are usually sound, and to say they like a bevvy is an understatement !

I wont make this one due to work unfortunately, Morton will definetley give us a game.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saints will stroll it. We should put 3 or 4 past these diddies.

You reckon, eh?

It took a bizarre refereeing decision to help you scrape home with a last-gasp winner last time. We're a better team than we were then, and you've lost wee May, who scored that winner.

We'll see how it pans out on the 27th.

I'd rather just play Morton down as firm outsiders with next to no chance of success. McKendrick made a dick of a few things last time but a wee upset would be a good way to make up for it.

You reckon, eh?

It took a bizarre refereeing decision to help you scrape home with a last-gasp winner last time. We're a better team than we were then, and you've lost wee May, who scored that winner.

We'll see how it pans out on the 27th.

It took a horrendous goalkeeper and a lazy defence for us to go through, IMO

We're not still greeting about a 40 yard out free kick are we? Jesus.

Quite looking forward to this, had a great time down there last time even if the performance was poor. By no means going to be a walkover but we should have enough about us to create the most chances.

Not "greeting" about anything, actually. Just talking about the last time the teams met. Just like you are.

Is it our turn to bring the referee?

At least we don't have Nacho Novo making leaps towards Gourock from his place in the wall.

I reckon this'll be a return to the McGraw-era type games where we are plucky but ultimately out.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably going to try and get to this now tbh, Tuesday nights are difficult for me though.

Looks like Chris Millar will miss out so expect him in the home support with his Morton scarf on :D Apart from that we will possibly give game time to Steven Anderson. Wouldnt be too adverse to maybe seeing one or a couple of Brad McKay/Liam Caddis/Craig Thomson/Chris Kane/John Sutton getting a start, although our last cup shows that not playing our strongest side could be a risk.

Probably going to try and get to this now tbh, Tuesday nights are difficult for me though.

Looks like Chris Millar will miss out so expect him in the home support with his Morton scarf on :D Apart from that we will possibly give game time to Steven Anderson. Wouldnt be too adverse to maybe seeing one or a couple of Brad McKay/Liam Caddis/Craig Thomson/Chris Kane/John Sutton getting a start, although our last cup shows that not playing our strongest side could be a risk.

I don't expect us to play our strongest side. Or, at least, Duffy will make changes to the sides that he intends to start with in the league. We made 3 or 4 changes for the match against Motherwell in the last round, and this time we've got Dumbarton and Livi coming up in the following Saturdays. I wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Sabajo and McKee brought in.

I don't expect us to play our strongest side. Or, at least, Duffy will make changes to the sides that he intends to start with in the league. We made 3 or 4 changes for the match against Motherwell in the last round, and this time we've got Dumbarton and Livi coming up in the following Saturdays. I wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Sabajo and McKee brought in.

I don't expect us to play our strongest side because Duffy doesn't have a clue what it is, but I'd be astonished if he fielded a 'weakened' team ie if dross like McKee starts. It's one result from a cup semi-final - likely his only chance of achieving something genuinely notable in the job.

Archived