Who is Benefiting? Lugar or Ayr

Cantona

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im sure all parties will benefit from the setup,Lugar still have a football team which me and my auld father can go and watch every weekend.its been a breath of fresh air watching these young ayr players.

theyre going to find out that football is not all about being nice and fancy but how to play against older more wiser juniors. our back 4 who have been nothin short of outstanding must have an average of 20 apart from Muirso who upps the age.i hope ayr and lugar keep at it for once my auld man has a appetite back for his footy that had long gone so thanks to both clubs for that.

more goals please and they could run close.give them a chance.

Lugar have continuity of football at rosebank with the influx of Ayr youths. There is no doubt they are a good side at playing possession football, but this does not win games. I ask the question why have 90% possession and then lose games?

Lugar will finish in the bottom 3 this season as the league is far too physical for these young boys. Half of them will never go on to play top junior football never mind too professional football. I'm glad Lugar can field a team but they simply are not good enough or tough enough to challenge for promotion. I know we drew 1-1 with them but tbh we were awful that day. No disrespect.

Bit harsh predicting a bottom 3 finish, if anything they have proved they are hard to beat, Girvan and Whittlets games, but the Salcoats and Muirkirk would imply the don't have that winning mentality yet, coming back to Sweep's post, Possession football could be hard on the heavy parks during the winter months, maybe an experienced junior coach in the dugout along with the Ayr coaches could help ??

Lugar will finish in the bottom 3 this season as the league is far too physical for these young boys. Half of them will never go on to play top junior football never mind too professional football. I'm glad Lugar can field a team but they simply are not good enough or tough enough to challenge for promotion. I know we drew 1-1 with them but tbh we were awful that day. No disrespect.

No disrespect? No disrespect?

You stole an equaliser in injury time after Lugar had went down to 10 men.

And where is it written that in order to play junior football, you must be a knuckle draggin, hairy arsed neanderthal?

well said beenzon

yous were awful that day victoria, it was the old addage that you can only play against the team thats put out in front of you and i think yous brought the Lugar players down to your level.

im sure those boys are learning every week playing in games which is probably totally alien to them up until now although having watched most of their games so far all teams i have noticed are trying to play football on the deck.

to say they are simply not good enough is rubbish,tough enough you could be right but that will come with more exprience.bottom 3 they might do but if yous play like that yous wont be that far in front of them.

Spoke to a young Muirkirk player today . He said Lugar are the best footballing side they

have played against but Muirkirks tactics -to get everybody behind the ball when Lugar took possession paid off

Lugar Boswell Thistle, officially a feeder club for Ayr Utd, Lugar 3 points fae 12, Ayr top of the league ? Who is benefiting as daft as it reads ?

I guess another way to look at it is that most players in SPFL U17/20 squads won't ever get a sniff of the 1st team beyond the odd bit of benchwarming and that the bulk of the squads only exist to give the better ones some team mates as they develop. The saturday afternoon destination for the others is Junior, Amateur, work or the pub. Playing with Lugar will at least give some of them the experience of the grade.

• 5 weeks later...

Those young players that are in at Ayr should be playing at a higher level than the adl. They should be getting loaned out to the best team possible and no disrespect to lugar, they ain't 1 of them. I think this is shocking on Ayrs behalf and its damaging to the players development.

Archived