Scottish Junior Cup 2nd Round draw, when?

Burnie_man

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like it, instead of giving a Junior club the chance to make some money by hosting the draw...........

They had the ideal chance

This Sunday

Meadow park for the Ardagh cup final & they could also have a wee jolly as well as Meadow gettin a few extra quid & probably a few more folk on the gate

I'm not the biggest fan of the SJFA, but is it only me who sees having two of the Scotland National team coaching staff do the draw, as more high profile than having it in a social club?

I'm guessing, but the venue is probably due to the fact that the coaches will be there anyway. Am I wrong?

No. You're right.

Thanks. In that case slate the man for taking it to a newspaper, but if it's Talbot Social club drawn by TJ and a Dyslexia Scotland rep or the current arrangement, then there's no doubt the latter is preferable and better for the game.

I'm not the biggest fan of the SJFA, but is it only me who sees having two of the Scotland National team coaching staff do the draw, as more high profile than having it in a social club?

I'm guessing, but the venue is probably due to the fact that the coaches will be there anyway. Am I wrong?

No you're not, I agree with you.

It's all aboot the jolly and nothing tae dae with high profile, high profile where?

Assuming it's the Scotland National Team HQ, the papers will be there every day. Bound to get a mention. Not saying the beaks won't be wired in with scran and drink but it's better for the grade than a social club.

Assuming it's the Scotland National Team HQ, the papers will be there every day. Bound to get a mention. Not saying the beaks won't be wired in with scran and drink but it's better for the grade than a social club.

Doubt it wid get anymair than the usual wee space in the dailies. nae mair better coverage than if it wis held in a social club. its awe aboot the jolly for big Tam and his pals.

We’re without a sponsor for the tournament for a few seasons now, where do these “high profile” draws get us exactly? There’s nothing “high profile” about a draw which is not televised, not covered by radio, will not make the mainstream BBC or STV news, and may get a small column in the Daily Record. We’ll need to rely on Twitter to find out real time info.

I’d rather a club benefits (as is traditional) for the 2nd Round draw that a lot of people like to attend, I recall it being at Shotts a couple of seasons back and it was well attended and the social club would have made a few bob on an otherwise dead Sunday. The Ardagh Cup Final was a good suggestion.

Let’s face it, unless you make the semi-finals anyway, you do not see a penny of sponsors money, so the SJFA should be doing more to spread a wee bit of revenue around the place when the opportunity presents. I fully expect the third round draw to be in the offices of the Evening Times, or such like.

Not having a sponsor for our main national cup is absolutely outrageous to be honest. I think that is more of a concern than where the draw is actually made or who makes the draw for that matter. The hierarchy should be doing everything in their power to attract a sponsor for the cup. It seems to me that they don't really care though as the way it's looking the now is they still get their so called "jollies" to Mar Hall to rub shoulders with the Scotland team and look important. Farcical if you ask me.

Not having a sponsor for our main national cup is absolutely outrageous to be honest. I think that is more of a concern than where the draw is actually made or who makes the draw for that matter. The hierarchy should be doing everything in their power to attract a sponsor for the cup. It seems to me that they don't really care though as the way it's looking the now is they still get their so called "jollies" to Mar Hall to rub shoulders with the Scotland team and look important. Farcical if you ask me.

Quite agree with you,if it can't be done in a social club relating to a junior club to give them a wee pay day on the day with punters with old Jimmy who's followed the juniors for 50 year then cudny give a f..k if it's done in somebody's back garden and no making a James Hunt of it,just my opinion.

Archived