Troon

cmonthelie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always has the pitches immaculate but I have to agree with you, I have a mate that used to coach in the Juniors, while at the Meadow the coach walked onto the pitch with his son who was only 6 at the time, Only for the man in question to angrily hunt the kid off the pitch

Troon are full of really nice people like Sharon and Mr kirkwood X 2 .

However at our recent Game I've walked up to our bottom shed and to the bench where our great fan that is Thomas Hamilton has a memorial bench after he sadly died a few years ago upon walking to one of our games.

Being myself I spoke to the guy who I sat beside and tried to be nice to him but got a welcome that was as cold as an Icelandic fridge and what a horrible man he was to deal with despite me trying my best .

Not a nice individual .

Quite ironic that he was sat on the seat of an utter gem in Tom Hamilton .

Gus has a poor attitude to kids on the pitch and even either team on his pitch. Meadow Park was great during his time as groundsman but spent money without asking committee and often fired up opposition by not letting them on the pitch or giving them abuse for doing so! Our pitch is still in very good condition without the grumpy...

So let's have kids,playing and running about on all juniors parks then if it is that bad then

Whits wrong with kids playing on the pitch ? Did when a was young...its no fecking Ibrox its Troon...which is Gus's problem...Kids are allowed on the pitch at Kilbirnie, the more kids that come and enjoy themselves the better.

I'm really sorry if Gus has offended anybody, I would like to think everybody in the Juniors knows enough about Troon F.C. & the way we run our club to know that it isn't representative of the way we do things. Not at all.

I think everyone also knows Gus can be a bit cantankerous, but if he's been having a go at a 10 year old girl that's not acceptable & we'll speak to him about that.

As for warm-ups, we know just how much time & money goes into maintaining our park to the highest standard & as a result we always ask teams if they can do the majority of their warm-ups on the area behind the goals before they move on to the pitch. We ALWAYS afford other teams the same respect when we play away from home & ask them where they want us to do our warm-up, it's only fair.

Have to say, I'm disappointed to see these posts as I had been discussing with Sharon (our secretary) after the game what a great atmosphere there had been between both sets of fans on Saturday. Very good natured & plenty of banter, I look forward to more of the same at Dunterlie later in the season.

He done it to my 7 year old nephew who I took to the Troon game a few weeks back with was his first ever game.he was kicking a ball up the side of the park and was shouted at by the said man.i have a video recording of the event!

Best treatment as a visitor I have ever had was at Troon. That was a spying mission so to receive hospitality in person from management and officials was outstanding.

Could not believe the condition of the park in early winter then as had been played in in a deluge the week before.

To be fair I did not stray onto the pitch to show my talent at halftime.

It shows gus does a good job troon haven't a had a game called off since he became groundsman so it does show he does great job with troons Park

It's sitting on top of a sand dune, it would take a tsunami to put it under water.

Archived