Rhodeswatch

F_T_Y

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm, we set up that way as if we set up any other way we'd be torn to fucking peices. Let's just leave absolutely shite centre halves exposed. Yeah, that'll work.

That's a fair point, but I think the key is in finding somewhere between the current system and one with a sharper, more incisive edge.

For me, the 4411 vs Croatia at Hampden was it. The strikers that night were Snodd and Naismith, and I thought they looked so dangerous - marauding forward and setting the Croatian defenders backpedalling and looking over their shoulders. I reckon you could play any of our strikers in that system and they'd be far more effective, without conceding too much possession. That way we wouldn't be artificially restricting ourselves to ' defensive forwards' - a term that gives me the dry boke.

Well we're a bit stuck then aren't we, the system we have and players employed in it won't get us anywhere, and all other systems are shite as we'll be gubbed.

What was I saying about accepting mediocrity.............

We accept mediocrity because we're fucking mediocre. It's not that difficult

I thought it was two good saves from the Birmingham keeper, came out  and made himself big.

But like all great strikers Rhodes is in the right place when it matters, not the best goal he will ever score but they all count.

Fletcher is quite clearly past it. His goal scoring record for Scotland is atrocious and lets not forget when he fucked off in a huff because he wasn't getting picked. Couldn't get a game for a sunderland team fighting relegation so big sam shipped him out on loan as soon as he had the chance.

Good chance he will be playing championship football next season and rhodes will be going in the other direction. He will be a good option to come off the bench but should not be our number 1 choice for the world cup qualifiers.

I thought it was two good saves from the Birmingham keeper, came out and made himself big.

But like all great strikers Rhodes is in the right place when it matters, not the best goal he will ever score but they all count.

Just saw Rhodes' goal there. Similar to Lewandowski's last minute sickener against us. I don't remember anyone playing that goal down. Sharpest to react. Simples.

There's a middle ground to be found here and there is not a right or wrong answer as to who's better to play. You can have a guy that will hold it up and bring players into the game all day long but it counts for f**k all if there's not someone that can put it in the net.

Don't think anybody can say that what they're saying is definitely the best option.

Fletcher has 1 goal in 7 for Marseille and that came against a fourth tier amateur side in the cup.

His record for Scotland is 2 in 24 , two hat tricks against the part timers of Gibraltar count for nothing.

Archived