Raith Rovers v Morton

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A win would make 6 out of 9 in the first quarter which would be an excellent start. Hopefully the defence stay solid and the home form continues.

Morton have won 2 (Alloa and livi?) drawn 4 and lost 2. How do Morton fans rate the start? Fair, unfair? Fancy a result on Saturday?

Raith have started the season well and we have been fairly solid (today's result aside). Hopefully Duffy goes 4-5-1 and moves tidser into the middle of the park. That will allow mccluskey or Russell to come into the left side of midfield and one of either Samuel or Denny upfront. Gasparotto should come back in for oware to strengthen the defence. I'd be happy with a draw and have a feeling that's what Duffy will be going for.

Raith have started the season well and we have been fairly solid (today's result aside). Hopefully Duffy goes 4-5-1 and moves tidser into the middle of the park. That will allow mccluskey or Russell to come into the left side of midfield and one of either Samuel or Denny upfront. Gasparotto should come back in for oware to strengthen the defence. I'd be happy with a draw and have a feeling that's what Duffy will be going for.

Gasporotto is not available as he's in the Canadian squad for their upcoming Olympic qualifying games. Last of the 3 games is on 6th October so hopefully he is back for our rearranged game with Queens. So same back four this Saturday and it's good we now have the option of Russell coming in at left midfield. I'd like to see Denny start with Samuel being used as an impact sub but they need to more clinical with their chances as Raith have still to lose a goal at home.

Looking forward to this after yesterday's circus.

We have had a decent start. 1 or 2 of our draws should really have been wins which would have made it a much better start. Only Hibs and Newco have beat us which is fairly promising.

Impressed with Raiths start. Couple of good wins in there.

No reason why we can't beat Raith on Saturday. I dont think there is much between Raith, Morton, Queens, St Mirren and Falkirk and games between the sides can easily go either way. A point wouldn't be a bad result but we really need to start picking up wins as too many draws will kill any chance of a top 4 finish.

I just hope the players are not too down on themselves after yesterday.

Archived