League Cup Quarter Finals

madton

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some fixture fun and games to be had - Celtic and Dundee Utd play each other on the Sunday, which ordinarily means they'd play the following Wednesday.

Except they're both scheduled to play in Edinburgh.

I know Hearts and Hibs have played at home on the same day in the past, but that's been early rounds of the cup against lower-league opposition. Not sure the police will be happy covering two matches at once when one involves Celtic.

ETA: it's relatively short-notice, but if Dundee Utd v Ross County were to move to the Sunday, then Hibs v Utd could be on the Thursday (Hibs v The Rangers is already on the Sunday).

Would want a better performance than the last time we were in Greenock but fancy us to win comfortably to be honest.

Dundee United

Caley

Saints

Celtic

Will be the semi final line up IMO.

Think United will still be floundering around, my prediction is Hibs, County, saints and Celtic

No problem drawing Celtic, but (I presume) we'll have to give the animals the whole of the Roseburn.

New seats all round, looted refreshment kiosks, some of the GFITW who judging by their last visit, must still be potty training and 90 minutes of Irish 'folk songs' to round it all off.

Some fixture fun and games to be had - Celtic and Dundee Utd play each other on the Sunday, which ordinarily means they'd play the following Wednesday.

Except they're both scheduled to play in Edinburgh.

I know Hearts and Hibs have played at home on the same day in the past, but that's been early rounds of the cup against lower-league opposition. Not sure the police will be happy covering two matches at once when one involves Celtic.

ETA: it's relatively short-notice, but if Dundee Utd v Ross County were to move to the Sunday, then Hibs v Utd could be on the Thursday (Hibs v The Rangers is already on the Sunday).

Or just bump Hibs-Dundee Utd to the following Wednesday, or indeed any midweek later in the autumn.

No problem drawing Celtic, but (I presume) we'll have to give the animals the whole of the Roseburn.

New seats all round, looted refreshment kiosks, some of the GFITW who judging by their last visit, must still be potty training and 90 minutes of Irish 'folk songs' to round it all off.

All that while the Hearts fans behave perfectly :lol:

Make no mistake about it, this game brings out all the scummy Hearts fans as well.

Or just bump Hibs-Dundee Utd to the following Wednesday, or indeed any midweek later in the autumn.

True enough. I was forgetting the UEFA restrictions applied only to televised matches and there's no chance of that game being picked).

Archived