Weekend Odds 26th September

Nocko

Their shop software looks like something from the 1980's, I think all their investment has gone into their fixed odds machines.

The way they would access these prices are the same in any shop across the country and its pretty simple.

Anyone having issues they are under Football Non Coupon Matches

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their shop software looks like something from the 1980's, I think all their investment has gone into their fixed odds machines.

Aye, agree with that. Ladbrokes are shite at the non league stuff but whilst Hills were shutting up shop in Linlithgow, Ladbrokes now have Sky Sportsand free wifi. Go into a busy Hills in Bo'ness and there is no satellite tv and it's probably easier to get a data signal in North Korea. They're miles behind in these areas.

Some Hills shops have wifi available now. Its maybe taken a bit longer than others but they want to get it right. As for Sky Sports etc I'd love to have it in my shop but it just doesn't pay to have it.

What shop Al? Our Dundee shops do quite well with this so that's surprising.

As for calling bets through that happens in every single market available. Some telephonists will be great others might not have dealt with some of the names so might struggle.

Shop at 140 Arbroath Road Owen

I am getting a new car delivered to Hyundai 2 minutes away tomorrow morning so will go in and see if anything displayed.

Local guy said an area manager had advised.

That shop has one of those antique terminals that have "shyte" data on them it is poor.

The Lochee high street to be fair has a "new style" terminal with "local football" as it is called displayed.

It still displays also displays the poster.

As a heads up the ladbrokes betting terminals (Ones you can put money in) have the Scottish FA cup matches on them.

The prices on the jollies are/were much better than the coupon/visual only screens.

The totally scottish coupon this week is bogging awful in terms of lack of games.

However Junior cup games on aforementioned visual screens.

They didn't know how to check Scottish Cup odds in one of the city centre Glasgow shops without phoning someone for each bet. Should be more straightforward for the staff to find the odds. The print off like the Junior coupon would be fine as had to check on here for the odds.

They didn't know how to check Scottish Cup odds in one of the city centre Glasgow shops without phoning someone for each bet. Should be more straightforward for the staff to find the odds. The print off like the Junior coupon would be fine as had to check on here for the odds.

Believe me it couldn't be any easier.

Hit Football Menu

Non Coupons Matches

William Hill Scottish Cup Matches

Can only apologise if someone struggles with that.

Believe me it couldn't be any easier.

Hit Football Menu

Non Coupons Matches

William Hill Scottish Cup Matches

Can only apologise if someone struggles with that.

It would be great if they had the technology to print off a coupon/list once they'd found it.

That would be great but would cost a fortune to set up.

If the tech in the offices was 20 years old it would need a cable from the hard drive to a printer. By the looks of it it's older than that so I can see the problem. I'm not having a go, just amazed by how little has gone into the shops compared to the web side of the business. I asked in a shop recently how many trebles were in a 5 fold and was told they used to have a chart but it had gone missing.

If the tech in the offices was 20 years old it would need a cable from the hard drive to a printer. By the looks of it it's older than that so I can see the problem. I'm not having a go, just amazed by how little has gone into the shops compared to the web side of the business. I asked in a shop recently how many trebles were in a 5 fold and was told they used to have a chart but it had gone missing.

Fortunes have been spent in shops over the years and that is probably where most of the costs are as well. You don't have same overheads online.

As for trebles in five you will get that anywhere in any workplace. Those that want to learn will whereas those that don't will do the bare minimum. With the tills etc we have these days there is not the same need to know as much as we did pre epos but everyone should at least know the basics.

Fortunes have been spent in shops over the years and that is probably where most of the costs are as well. You don't have same overheads online.

As for trebles in five you will get that anywhere in any workplace. Those that want to learn will whereas those that don't will do the bare minimum. With the tills etc we have these days there is not the same need to know as much as we did pre epos but everyone should at least know the basics.

All I'm really asking for is a screen where you can find out the odds for a particular bet. The public screens in Hills are useless you want to bet on a top EPL game, or keep clicking the same number and if you're lucky you might find a Scottish game. You can ask behind the counter but if you're browsing you're fucked. I love all the papers stuck on the walls for horse and dog betting and wouldn't want to change that, but one screen for punters with all the football odds available would be nice, even if it meant taking one of the fixed odds machines out. That would be better even than the offers of free coffee.

Some value in shopping around this week

Mcbookie - Linlithgow, Kelty, Haddington & Camlon pays 15-2

William Hills - Hurlford, Kelty & Broxburn pays 9-2

Also having a punt on Wishaw at 5-1 with a couple of certainties, regardless of what the score is today they have priced that up wrong.

Archived