Ayrshire 19th September

RobM

Honestly the ayr horse racing being cited as a reason for junior clubs in Ayrshire not to play must be the most feeble excuse I've ever heard.

Fair enough lots of junior players , staff and fans like myself love a flutter on the horses but if you're a junior player and you would rather go to ayr horses than play football then I think you're in the wrong game and should be handing your wage back for that week.

The west region asked teams if they wanted a fixture for the 26th. There will be some games but not a full card.

We know that, but I think Peter is making the point that the Scottish draw was made 10 days ago but the fixtures aren't listed online yet.

Holiday weekend and no games for the horse racing? Following weekend is Glasgow September weekend and the Scottish cup ties get played with some teams travelling 4 hours each way on a bus, u couldn't make it up

I know it's a crazy theory and does the grand national stop Liverpool , Everton and tranmere from playing games when it's on in nearby Aintree :huh:;)

It's Complete and utter cockwomble material is this notion of Ayrshire juniors not playing because the local nags are out for a run.

I know it's a crazy theory and does the grand national stop Liverpool , Everton and tranmere from playing games when it's on in nearby Aintree :huh:;)

It's Complete and utter cockwomble material is this notion of Ayrshire juniors not playing because the local nags are out for a run.

who's the favourite anyway?

This topic thread gets mentioned every year and the West have gave Ayrshire teams the choice to have it off for years so dry your eyes and get on with it. As clubs you should ask your own players if you want it on or off and decide from there. Simple ;)

But what happens if an odd amount of teams in the league want to play ?

Obviously a team will miss out surely .?

:) I will be watching it on the TV seething at the sight of all them horses because they're the sole reason for me not getting my football fix on Saturday ;)

You could always go to the Kilbirnie game up at Pollok, HerthaB)

Archived