Steven Fletcher

Elixir

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite simple. Griffiths is a striker in form and scoring goals while Fletcher is not. He may not do any better, however he's not being given a chance to show what he could do.

Quite rightly. Fletchers a better player than Griffiths so starts ahead of him. Scott Bains in better form than David Marshall. Its a similar situation.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tremendous.

It baffles me that people can argue Fletcher is 'obviously' the best centre forward we have, as if they're unaware of the existence of Steven Naismith.

Probably because Naismith is never a centre forward. Hes good on the odd occasion but thats it, hes nowhere near as good on the ball as Fletcher.

He's quite obviously the best centre forward we have, it baffles me how people genuinely believe Griffiths would be doing better, considering he's built like a five year old.

I'd argue Naismith is a better choice, going on results while he has been played as the lone forward.

However, I don't think he's been getting a regular game either. Not much point picking English Premiership forwards unless they are match fit, from regularly playing 90 minutes.

Quite rightly. Fletchers a better player than Griffiths so starts ahead of him. Scott Bains in better form than David Marshall. Its a similar situation.

I'd have agreed with you 3 or 4 years ago. Now he offers absolutely nothing to the team. He can't hold the ball up, wins nothing in the air and doesn't score goals. And it's really not a similar situation to Bain and Marshall.

Thank god WGS doesn't listen to fans.

Griffiths ahead of Fletcher against someone like Germany? Oooft.

I don't see what's so outlandish about that, given that Griffiths literally couldn't have contributed any less than Fletcher did. The bar was set that low by that performance last night.

Jon Walters has a better record than Fletcher. Fecksake, Jon Walters has more goals for ROI than any of our current lot have scored. :o

Fletcher is technically the best forward we have, but being technically good means feck all if we aren't getting results when using him up front. It's been powderpuff stuff from him. He has had a few nice through-passes that led to goals but I can barely remember a shot on goal from him across the entire campaign (Gibraltar aside).

It's clear we need to sacrifice him for someone more effective.

Through ball, in behind, go.....or play a wide pass far too hard and out of play.

"Technically gifted" my arse.

And don't forget - before the offside flag saved the embarrassment - that flimsy attempt at control in their box. He looked like a man in skis trying to trap a balloon.

Time's up. Get tae, beardy.

^^^

This. 3 yards out he took 3 touches and still didn't have control of the ball.

The other moment mentioned earlier when he was clean through if he wanted to be but played the ball back out wide was just mind boggling!

If we insist on a lone striker then it has to be Naisy. He has the drive and energy to be a real nuisance and can hold onto the ball better than any of our current forwards.

As an aside, we are missing Snodgrass very badly at the moment. I've always liked him but see his true value when he is not playing.

If we insist on a lone striker then it has to be Naisy. He has the drive and energy to be a real nuisance and can hold onto the ball better than any of our current forwards.

As an aside, we are missing Snodgrass very badly at the moment. I've always liked him but see his true value when he is not playing.

Will be good to have him back but he's hardly a messiah. He's a bit better than average but overall he's another journeyman type who can come up with the odd good moment.

Will be good to have him back but he's hardly a messiah. He's a bit better than average but overall he's another journeyman type who can come up with the odd good moment.

Agreed, but we don't have an abundance, (or indeed any), of those at the moment. Until we do, then we have to go with the best fit for each position and for me Snoddy is a big miss in the 3 behind the striker. We don't have a comparable player to fill his role.

Archived