Irvine Victoria 2015/16

IrvineVicsMan

Last time I saw Irvine Vics they were almost completely gung ho, basically throwing caution to the wind and leaving the defence very exposed. It's no surprise they've been involved in a few high scoring games. It's certainly the biggest difference I noticed since McMillan left and Stevie took it on his own.

However, with the settled squad that's been together for a while plus goal scoring talent I Definately think they'll go up.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time I saw Irvine Vics they were almost completely gung ho, basically throwing caution to the wind and leaving the defence very exposed. It's no surprise they've been involved in a few high scoring games. It's certainly the biggest difference I noticed since McMillan left and Stevie took it on his own.

However, with the settled squad that's been together for a while plus goal scoring talent I Definately think they'll go up.

correct Highlighter, along with Girvan or Ardeer now

• 3 months later...

Great effort today lads,a tough match against a quality opposition. IMO overall felt a draw was a fair result. 5 games to go and promotion is still there for us. Bonus today was the performance of young Kirkland. To make his debut at this stage of the season and perform the way he did was tremendous. You would've thought he had played there all year. Anyway onto Kello next weekend,Mon the Toria!

T

Big Eddie was having a great game, leading the line,particularly after Kevin Adam had to go off. Only thing missing was a goal from the big man, IMO feel he should have had a penalty before half time. Tbh we all thought that you could have changed Cheggers or Hissy at that point before Eddie. However in saying that both they guys contributed to our goal and picked their game up from that point. It was a good contest from two well matched teams.

T

How did you rate Girvan today sir? Decent side or lucky to escape with a draw?

Decent side without a doubt,good experience in the squad with some good footballers. Don't know about lucky to escape with a draw, as both teams definitely went for the win. IMO felt they tired earlier than us,but that was down to great efforts by both sets of players who gave little away.

I think the one real decision the ref had to make during the game was a strong shout for a penalty for Vics just before half time. He gives it and it's a straight red card for the Girvan keeper. We equalize then and are looking at playing the full second half against ten men and a replacement keeper. It's all ifs and buts,it didn't happen and we just got on with it.

Still a lot to play for with some twists and turns to come I think. I'm hoping that with both Darvel and Girvan still to face each other as well as playing a rejuvenated Whitletts that we can secure promotion in the next couple of game. If we focus on our task and ignore the rest then I think we should do it,but taking nothing for granted.

T

Decent side without a doubt,good experience in the squad with some good footballers. Don't know about lucky to escape with a draw, as both teams definitely went for the win. IMO felt they tired earlier than us,but that was down to great efforts by both sets of players who gave little away.I think the one real decision the ref had to make during the game was a strong shout for a penalty for Vics just before half time. He gives it and it's a straight red card for the Girvan keeper. We equalize then and are looking at playing the full second half against ten men and a replacement keeper. It's all ifs and buts,it didn't happen and we just got on with it.Still a lot to play for with some twists and turns to come I think. I'm hoping that with both Darvel and Girvan still to face each other as well as playing a rejuvenated Whitletts that we can secure promotion in the next couple of game. If we focus on our task and ignore the rest then I think we should do it,but taking nothing for granted.T

Yeah they have got some good experienced players. Cameron is the stand out player for me. He was good last week and the right winger was a decent player as well. They don't have much pace up front though.

Spot on with your post AV.

Cameron stood out in the middle of the park for them,used his experience well against a young vics midfield. They brought on a big guy at centre forward with about 20 mins to go, who was strong and physical who drew won a lot of free kicks for them. I think he was the player who was scoring plenty for them earlier on in season. It should be interesting this week as I don't think Darvel will be bullied by them, but I do think that Girvan will have more football in them. IMO that is.

I am hoping that your team pick up results against both which will impact on ourselves.

T

Cunningham and Allan were terrible against us last week. Both looked slow and overweight against a young Whittletts Vics team. Cameron, Dinwoodie, Murphy and Reid were the pick of the bunch against us last week.

Cunningham last week against Whitletts was gash. He was slow and definitely carrying too much timber. Don't rate him as a forward at all. Saying that I wouldn't have gave pass marks to (m)any Girvan players. Even Cameron was as poor as I've seen him all season

• 3 weeks later...

Well done lads!! Promotion secured tonight without kicking a ball. Great effort over the season,so let's win the final two games and put pressure onto Girvan for the title

Archived