International Break

So this weekend our part time journeymen are having to play instead of getting a break to watch our heroes in the National Team. I want to complain about this: it means I can't have my annual September rant about there being no meaningful football on this weekend.

Guest bernardblack

Love this set up personally. Friday night getting to watch Scotland gloriously let us down, then off to Station Park for more of the same on Saturday!

Exactly and should boost the crowd a bit too with no premier games on.

I don't think that actually happens. I can't see Celtic and Sevco fans in Forfar for example deciding to fire down to see our game because their teams aren't playing that weekend, or fans from Dundee deciding they'll fire up to the game for the same reason.

I don't think that actually happens. I can't see Celtic and Sevco fans in Forfar for example deciding to fire down to see our game because their teams aren't playing that weekend, or fans from Dundee deciding they'll fire up to the game for the same reason.

Surprisingly there are quite a few come to see us from Dundee when they are not playing. As far as the gruesome twosome are concerned, the local

'fans' don't go and see their alleged clubs anyway, never mind anybody else.

Nah, there's quite a few fans of the Dundee clubs come to our games when they don't have games, nothing huge mind but it's all extra cash. Your right about the old firm fans though but who wants to be anywhere near that mob?

So this weekend our part time journeymen are having to play instead of getting a break to watch our heroes in the National Team. I want to complain about this: it means I can't have my annual September rant about there being no meaningful football on this weekend.

Might actually be the only time in our history that we want the weekend free as If Twitter is correct our Keeper has been called up to the Scotland Under 21 squad. Meaning we will be missing him on Saturday as he will be in Belfast and not Peterhead.

Might actually be the only time in our history that we want the weekend free as If Twitter is correct our Keeper has been called up to the Scotland Under 21 squad. Meaning we will be missing him on Saturday as he will be in Belfast and not Peterhead.

What an honour for your club. You should embrace this and ignore any potential consequences. ;)

God, the irony! I probably agree with strichener (above) though. And I doubt that the Rovers ever benefited from there being no Premier games on of a Saturday.

Archived